Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #1  
Brand Newbie

S/C/G: 411/382/300

Height: 5'6''

Red face New from Cincinnati...

Hello I'm 30 from Cincy; and new to both 3FC and OA, thinking of actually joining a local OA meeting but still incredibly nervous and unsure if it's right for me.

I'm also looking for some sort of support system/other's with similar goals to connect with. I have a small incredibly close group of girlfriend's and while we ALL enjoy talking about losing weight together for one reason or another we end up getting together and just eating... essentially we are all counter-productive and I want out of that vicious cycle of "same old same old", so like minded friends and/or someone that I can hold accountable and vice versa as a support system would be fantastic.

Long story short, I was a very very thin kid until I hit puberty, so I started gaining weight around the age of 14. I ended up being diagnosed with PCOS if you know what that is, you know that in itself is just an amazing diagnosis. (joke) So the weight has been a steady incline. I recall being a size 20 my senior year (which now would be ideal) and now find myself in limbo between a 28 and 30, which sucks to say write let alone say out loud. I know I need to work on accountability, but that's a whole other issue that I'm addressing. I seem to do this yo-yo dieting thing very well. I get very motivated and I do really well, then I get busy with life... and I'm right back to where I started.

Last edited by Kmb3rlyVA; 12-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Kmb3rlyVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/275/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi from another in Cincy! Can't type, as my daughter just woke up from her nap and is demanding attention, but at least wanted to say hi.
CincyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/273/173

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'm a newbie myself. One thing I learned with when you get busy is pre-planning meals or pre-planning exercise. If you automatically put aside the time for that, then you don't have an excuse not to do it. Plus, there are programs out there that are set for 15 - 30 minute workouts, so you can get it in whenever you have a free 15 - 30 minutes in your day. With pre-planning, I noticed that if you pre-make food and freeze it, or pre-cut things it makes it easier to cook through out the week. It's trial and error what can be frozen, but things like homemade pancakes, or breakfast burritos can easily be made a weekend and frozen to be re-heated on the weekdays. Good luck
mylove0mylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kmb3rlyVA! You'll find lots of support here! If you have PCOS, do you also have insulin resistance? If so, it's important for you to cut back on carbs. Whichever weight loss plan you choose, just be aware that quick-burning carbs--breads/grains, pasta, potatoes, rice, and sweets--are probably a trigger for you (and the foods you most often reach for), so if you can limit or avoid them, you'll be better off. We have a PCOS sub-forum here, so as you browse around, be sure to check that out: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ce-support-70/. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:21 AM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC! This is a great place!
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote