Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/171/132

Height: 5'9

Talking Hello everyone! Any tips?

Hello everybody, I'm new around here and just starting out on my weight loss mission, so to call it! I'm usually incredibly unmotivated, so if anybody has any tips to help me stop creeping to the cake cupboard I'd greatly appreciate them!
Also, I wonder if anybody could help recommend the best weight-loss diet for me.. I consider myself quite good with exercise, doing karate 3x a week and jogging 4, and I live in two houses so struggle to fit in cooking high protein low carb meals etc all the time, I'm very much eat-on-the-go so I have started the shake supplement route but I'm worried that the high levels of sugar and carbs in them won't really help me lose weight? (5'9, 176 pounds)
Other than that it's nice to join you guys as after reading the forums it looks like a fantastic, motivating place to be in!
also, If anyone can tell me where to get one of those awesome progress bar picture things that show up in your siggy it'd be great as I really want one
jeneji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Personally I find reading the goals / mini goals section of this forum super motivating. & Just reading peoples success stories in general.

I've also found it helps to put inspirational quotes or sayings on an index card and putting them around my house.

I also force myself to remember that I will feel better having not snuck a treat than I would if I did, since I'd feel guilty.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jeneji! This really is a great site and the more you read and post, the more motivated you'll become. It sounds like since you have such on-the-go circumstances, counting calories might work well for you. You can eat any type of food. You just have to keep track of the calories and there are apps you can get for your computer and phone to help you do that. As for the signature ticker, here's a link to the info on it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Suggestion huh? Get the cakes out of the house so you aren't tempted. No, I'm not kidding. It will help you alot!

There are howto threads here about how to place a ticker.

Enjoy your stay- happy you are here!

MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

On the go meals are tough. I will usually pack a baggie of high fiber cereal and a nonfat greek yogurt ... then mix them together at meal time.

I count calories, but for me it was easiest to draw up a list of meals and snacks that come in at my needed calorie level. So as long as I have three meals and three snacks off of my list, I know I will hit my target and I am golden.

There's a lot more information in the diet section.

Welcome aboard!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote