Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #1  

Default Hello all, I'm new here!

Well, where to start...

I guess you could say that I have been over weight all my life. At some points only slightly, and now horribly. I woke up this morning and decided to weigh myself, morbid curiosity I suppose, having not weighed myself in nearly a year. Funny thing about those few seconds before you get onto it, "ag, it cant be THAT bad". Well, it was worse than I ever imagined. So, so much worse. Now I'm not really tall nor short, but even in the mirror I didnt think I looked that fat. So I guess its obvious why I didn't notice this drastic change. But still, I am floored. Now I know for sure I need to change my life!

Since a young age, my step father called me horrible names about being fat, told me one day I would be as big as a house.Though I wasn't even close to being that fat at the time, but when high school swung around and I started growing up, oh did his words resound in my head, BECAUSE the growing up was taking place around my waist. To make matters worse, I started using the pill and boy oh boy, I piled the weight on.Now I'm in my early 20's, and by early I mean 22 and 119kgs. (I have no idea what that is in lbs).

I am terrified, I'm alone and I need to change my life but don't have the slightest clue as to how I should do this.

Last month I already started with trying to change my eating and tried to get some calories burned but as usual, I fell off the wagon. But I don't have a choice now, I need to get better.

I am hoping that with some advice and support, my life can finally change!

Thanks for reading my soppy story
Jenz2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:38 AM   #2  

Hey Jenz,

I am new here also, and I went through a similar realisation about my weight gain last week when I saw a photo (the terrible one that is my avatar) and I saw how much my body had changed. I wish I could say it happened overnight, but it didn't. I still am at a loss to explain I could not notice how much weight I was carrying; maybe because we see ourselves every day we get used to seeing as little bit more weight at time - sneaky hey!

I don't have the answer on how to lose the weight for you - I am still working that one out for myself, but I can say that no matter what you choose to do to help yourself I think you will find the support you are after here. You are not alone. I suspect that others will also be able to help you with more practical advice on how to go about losing the weight.

Oh and it's not a soppy story, I dare say that it's the same story that so many of us here have ourselves.
Bindii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Welcome Jenz,
It takes a lot of courage to share your story and good for you for starting your journey to health. You will find a lot of great information on this site and hopefully a plan that works for you.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jenz! You said you started putting on weight around the waist, and that usually means carbs are giving you a problem. Are you partial to sweets, breads, and potato-ey foods? I have a carb sensitivity, and going on a low-carb diet has worked very well for me. And what's great is that on my particular plan, I have one cheat day a week, so there is no "falling off the wagon" for me. You might look into it. I am following a modified Slow Carb diet. I wrote about it here when I first started out: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...carb-diet.html. Of course, what may work for me may not work for you. Sometimes you have to experiment. Lots of people here calorie count, others do Weight Watchers, Atkins, Ideal Protein, or other plans. There is information here on all of them, so take a look around and jump right in! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 10-02-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote