Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/276/180

Height: 5'8"

Default A New Journey

Hey there, folks. So, I suppose it's time to introduce myself. Well, here goes...

I was never really the "fat kid". Sure, I was chubby growing up, but never really fat. I had a little extra weight, but was always active and in good shape. I moved around a lot, so being on teams was always difficult, but whenever I was in one place long enough, I enjoyed swimming competitively. Until high school. I moved to a new school district right before high school started, and being young and angry, I decided that I'd had enough. I was going to stop trying to be part of a team because every time I found my place in it, I was shifted around again. I stopped swimming. The only thing that kept me in any sort of shape was the school's JROTC program, but even that was not nearly as difficult or competitive, and I started gaining weight slowly. Halfway through, I started dating a "gamer". He didn't like going out and doing active things, and lived off of pizza, burgers, and ice cream. Naturally, I followed suit. After high school we moved in together and it got worse. I'd eat whatever he wanted because it was easier than making two meals. I didn't go out and do anything because I didn't want to go out alone. I gained a LOT of weight over the few years we lived together. At age twenty one, we split up, and I went off to find myself. The problem is, I'd already found something I didn't have before. An extra sixty pounds on my body. I found I was so depressed with myself. I wasn't pretty. I wasn't as active. I was letting my weight be a reason not to go do things that I wanted to do. In my depression, I stopped caring and fell completely off the wagon. Now I sit here, twenty five years old, and I hate what I see in the mirror every morning. The difference is, I'm in a better place with myself now. I am in a job that I really love, and I've found activities that really make me happy. I am motivated to DO SOMETHING instead of just wishing things were different. I'm in a relationship with someone who not only supports my decisions and my dreams, but accepts me for myself and still pushes me to be a better person because he knows I want it, not just because he does. I'm here ready to battle this thing that I've allowed to happen to myself, and really glad that I have somewhere I can share the struggle and the joys that are bound to come with it. It's really great to be here.

Last edited by Trickey; 09-16-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Trickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #2  

Sounds like you have a great support system, that's so important!

Good luck, you can totally do this!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickey View Post
I was letting my weight be a reason not to go do things that I wanted to do. In my depression, I stopped caring and fell completely off the wagon. Now I sit here, twenty five years old, and I hate what I see in the mirror every morning.
Boy, does that sound familiar...and the only way out is through the mess which requires fortitude, which is hard to come by when depressed. There's the cycle. Sigh.

Thanks for sharing your story...you have no idea who you're helping by doing so. I think sticking around here on this journey will be helpful and healing for sure!
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Trickey! It's sounds like you are in a really good place emotionally and mentally now, which means it's perfect timing for getting back in shape physically! You'll find lots of support here in your weight loss journey. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/232/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi this is my first post, so I am brand new! Now is the time to draw that line in the sand and tell ourselves, "no more gaining" Now it's back on the bandwaggon. My downfall is anything sweet. You are blessed in that you have a good support system behind you! Good luck hun you can do it!!!
Cassilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Trickey! It definitely takes more than "wishing" and it sounds like you are ready to embrace the change! I'm glad you have such lovely support in your relationship! I look forward to reading about your journey!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #7  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Trickey and Cassilda!

So glad you joined us! I am here to cheer you on! Good luck!

Last edited by doingmybest; 09-17-2013 at 09:20 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #8  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Trickey! Hi Cassilda! Welcome to 3FC!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287/232/150

Height: 5' 1"

thanks for the warm welcome Doingmybest and Theox, and Trickey hope you are having a great day
Cassilda is offline   Reply With Quote