Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/55 kgs

Height: 156 centimetres (5.2 feet)

Default deja vu

Hi my name is lisa and i live in new zealand i have a two year old daughter and live with my partner and our dog. I have been overweight for as long as i can remember when i was five i weighed five stone. Diabetes and heart disease affect my family and so do obesity and strokes. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2006 but kept eating and drinking what i wanted. I am now faciny alot of health problems and inject insulin 3 times a day. I know weigh over 150 kgs and at only 5 foot 2 i am about 95 kgs overweight. The task ahead of me seems huge and i need as much support as i can get as i am only 30 and the reality is im not going to live much longer unless things change i want tosee my daughter grow up
fatfighter83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:59 AM   #2  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lisa! Has your doctor given you a diet to follow? Type 1 and type 2 diabetes and hypoglycemia run in my family too, and I have started a low-carb diet that is working really well for me. I would think that you will need to limit your carbs since carbs as so tied in to insulin release. You want to stay away from white foods--white bread, white rice, white noodles, white potatoes, etc. and stick with whole grain foods--whole wheat or whole grain bread (it needs to say whole on it), brown rice, whole grain noodles, and sweet potatoes are better than white potatoes, etc. You need to watch your carb intake with fruits. Eat fruit but don't overdo it. Citrus fruits have fiber so that's good. Eat lots of lean protein, eat non-starchy veggies. Don't drink sugary drinks, and be careful of juices too. Alcohol converts to sugar so you want to be careful about consuming it. You can turn this around, and you WILL! You'll get lots of support here. Be sure to check out the sub-forum "Diabetes Support" under Dieting with Obstacles. Good luck! Glad you found us here!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #4  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

I know the job at hand seems daunting, but you can do it! It sounds like you've got some good/strong motivation to keep you going
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #5  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

I just had to come back and add:
YOU CAN DO IT!
YOU CAN DO IT!
YOU CAN DO IT!
YOU CAN DO IT!
(I think I shouldn't have skipped exercising tonight because I've got all this pent-up energy now. LOL)
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote