Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/205/120

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Major fatass, last chance...

[FONT="Arial"][/FONT Dear God I am in trouble. I can barely move, parts keep breaking, can't even stay awake.
Batampte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I'm sorry you are feeling down right now, Batampte. But it isn't too late. You can still do something about it!

What are you going to do or change to make yourself healthy? I would recommend baby steps because it can be overwhelming trying to do everything at once.

Welcome to 3FC!

Last edited by amandie; 08-06-2013 at 10:40 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #3  

Welcome! You can do this! Joining this forum was the first step in the right direction
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/205/120

Thanks folks. My problem is I don't try. I wake up every morning with good intentions but don't measure breakfast cereal and then it's all downhill from there. I use my misery as an excuse--I deserve some pleasure, right? Plus I hate to sweat and exercise.
Batampte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

For starters, don't call yourself a fatass, it helps nothing. I get the frustration of the "I want to lose weight but I can't seem to make myself follow through" situation. I spent far too long in that spot. Positive thinking goes a long way toward motivating yourself to make positive changes. Even if you don't believe it at first, fake it til you make it. And don't wait to feel "ready" or "motivated." Just commit and do it. It's like going to work, some days (or all if your job sucks) you don't want to do it, but you have to, so you do. I wouldn't worry about exercise to start. Start with eating right, you can incorporate exercise later. Once I got started with eating right, I found myself ready to start exercising sooner than I had expected.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Don't beat yourself up, we all have to start sometime and now is better than later
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #7  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Baby steps are still steps! Just being here means you want to turn your life and your health in the right direction. Welcome!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 169/164/160 lbs

I agree with Aclai4067 and ILoveVegetables. Please don't call yourself names because it hurts your feelings. Have you ever read Geneen Roth? She deals a lot with the emotional aspects of eating, like the binge-and-beat-yourself-up cycle. You might find her books helpful.
Creativian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #9  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I gotta tell you, if you're having cereal and that's not working, then that's actually not uncommon. I can't be trusted around cereal and if I do have it, I will want to inhale the house eventually. For me, I need my first meal of the day to be protein based. Why not give that a try? I try to include protein and fiber in every meal/snack. My first meal is an egg or maybe even two eggs. Sometimes I'll have 1/2 a slice of healthy bread (it's black and is made of seeds you can see) with cilantro and maybe some salsa. That really fills me up.

Eating sugar can make some people very hungry and it also makes my brain "foggy," so I tend to make worse decisions.

I'm not saying any of this will apply to you, but if you can tweak some things, regardless of what (such as increasing your water, planning ahead, making sure to have healthy snacks handy, etc) you might just set yourself up for success.

You don't have to worry about the rest of your life. Just focus on getting one day on plan. After one week on plan, you might just start to feel more optimistic and you will be able to hopefully visualize success.

Sounds like you're not feeling well emotionally. Please try to treat yourself with kindness and do this for yourself. You DO deserve some pleasure but the pleasure that comes from food is very short lived and it leads to misery if taken too far. The ultimate pleasure comes from living a healthy life and doing the best you can with what you've got. I'm certain you're capable of achieving such a life and I hope you'll take the small steps to get you there.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batampte View Post
Thanks folks. My problem is I don't try. I wake up every morning with good intentions but don't measure breakfast cereal and then it's all downhill from there. I use my misery as an excuse--I deserve some pleasure, right? Plus I hate to sweat and exercise.
Everyone had to start somewhere--and it looks like this site is your beginning into a wonderful new you--(if you work at it.)

No one likes to measure breakfast cereal and no one started out liking sweat and exercise. Those things are "good" habits that have to be learned over time. It's your life and you make your own choices in it. Your choices with food and exercise cannot be blamed on others--it all has to come from you and no one else.

I wish you the best.

Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #11  

You do deserve some please but it sounds like what you are doing now is giving you none. You have to be willing to put the effort into weight loss if you want to have real pleasure in your life. And that will include weighing and measuring all your food and exercising and getting sweaty. I was once 356 pounds. I've been able to maintain my loss for many years because I do those things. I'm 71 years old and spend 12 hours minimum at the gym each week. I eat healthy. I am lean, strong, and flexible and intend to live to be 100. You can to. The ladies here are a huge help so keep posting.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativian View Post
I agree with Aclai4067 and ILoveVegetables. Please don't call yourself names because it hurts your feelings. Have you ever read Geneen Roth? She deals a lot with the emotional aspects of eating, like the binge-and-beat-yourself-up cycle. You might find her books helpful.
Also break your goals down into smaller steps. 120 is too low for 5'6". Just start with aiming to get under 200 first and take it from there.

Also cereal just sets you up to eat more and more. If you have to have it make sure it is very high fibre or oatmeal.

Last edited by patns; 08-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #13  
It is what it is...

212 lbs at 5ft 6 doesn't sound very fat *** to me but I understand everyone is different and you feel uncomfortable...good luck on your journey ...sometimes it takes me a whole month of starting over every morning to finally get into the groove and just do it ...and you CAN do this...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Yes think positive and it helps to break things down. Don't attempt to break a sweat until you are ready. Small steps, exercise 5 minutes at a time if you need to.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #15  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I gotta tell you, if you're having cereal and that's not working, then that's actually not uncommon. I can't be trusted around cereal and if I do have it, I will want to inhale the house eventually. For me, I need my first meal of the day to be protein based. Why not give that a try? I try to include protein and fiber in every meal/snack. My first meal is an egg or maybe even two eggs. Sometimes I'll have 1/2 a slice of healthy bread (it's black and is made of seeds you can see) with cilantro and maybe some salsa. That really fills me up.

Eating sugar can make some people very hungry and it also makes my brain "foggy," so I tend to make worse decisions.

I'm not saying any of this will apply to you, but if you can tweak some things, regardless of what (such as increasing your water, planning ahead, making sure to have healthy snacks handy, etc) you might just set yourself up for success.

You don't have to worry about the rest of your life. Just focus on getting one day on plan. After one week on plan, you might just start to feel more optimistic and you will be able to hopefully visualize success.

Sounds like you're not feeling well emotionally. Please try to treat yourself with kindness and do this for yourself. You DO deserve some pleasure but the pleasure that comes from food is very short lived and it leads to misery if taken too far. The ultimate pleasure comes from living a healthy life and doing the best you can with what you've got. I'm certain you're capable of achieving such a life and I hope you'll take the small steps to get you there.
VERY true
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote