Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198

Height: 5' 9"

Talking Who starts a fitness plan in summer... this crazy girl!

New to the forums and just starting my journey. I am 28, feeling like I am 45 most days. I have no kids and I can afford to go to the gym but I don't. I decided to get help this way because I have no excuse not to. I miss my energy and my 20s are still slipping by. I have started slow this year and my diet has slowly become much better but I have yet to begin the fitness component. I walk my dog a few times a month but nothing regular, mostly because I have never been a reutine kind of gal. Looking for motivation. I used to be athletic in school but I loved the sports for the social aspect mostly. Now my best friends live 30 minutes or more away and no one to dive into this journey with me in person. My goal is 175 lbs by end of 2013 (starting at 190) and 150 by July 1, 2014.
Any suggestions on some motivating music playlist for my walking/jogging?
sammielmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Diet is the most important thing that will help you lose weight, so you are right on track with that!! I, too, have dogs that enjoy walkies, and I like to listen to things that have a good walking beat to them, almost like dance music. I know there is a couple of threads in a few sections about music, I'll have to see if I can dig some up that have a list. Also, I've started youtubing "dance lists" and things like that to get an idea, and have found some interesting music along the way.

Any exercise is good, so if you start by taking your dog for a walk once a week, then make it twice a week, etc. you'll find yourself exercising without even really realizing that you've added to it.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Diet and exercise are both needed. I work with a doctor that said their are three things you need to do to lose weight. He calls it the 5-15-30 plan.
Eat 5 colors of fruits and veg a day. This will slowly start to curb your sweet cravings
Meditate 15 minutes a day. (this is the one I have the hardest time with)
Aerobic exercise 30 minutes a day.
I believe that you need 45 minutes or more for weight loss but start out with 30. Oh and If your dog is anything like mine(he stops to pee about 30 times to mark) I recommend going for 2 walks one for you and one for your dog.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you both for the tips. I will check out the music and I love the food color thought. Makes a lot of sense.
sammielmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Your welcome. Hope you had a nice 4th.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #6  
On My Way!

S/C/G: 260/244/150

Height: 5'5''

You want something that will keep up with the pace and intensity as much as you! Some people range from high-paced orchestra to wild techno [ like me! ]. I tend to favor music that will make me want to move with the rhythm to keep me going. By the time the song's over, I'm working up a sweat. =)
Rinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #7  
Started ip 4/15/2013

S/C/G: 157/150/120

I like to run to the white panda album. There no more then a minute and there remixes of songs
fighterchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #8  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

I love to walk/jog outdoors. I actually don't listen to music or anything. (might be because I have kids and love the quiet) I walk almost everyday because I need it to destress. Once you get started you should stick with it for at least a week. It might help it become a part of your routine. Good luck!
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote