Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #1  

Location: Houston, Tx, but Missouri in the summer on the lake.

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5' 2"

Default Everything is BIGGER in Texas.

I have always been one of those skinny girls that never had to worry about my weight. Time changed once I had children. At 23 pregnant with my first son I gained about 40 pounds. A healthy weight gain according to my doctors. I assumed that it would all come back off after I had him. Some of it did, but it came back just as fast as I got it off. I was 115 when I got pregnant, 128 after giving birth, then stayed at 136 for the next 10 years. (I should mention I am 5 foot 2 inches) That first year was my best shot at losing the weight, but I was all alone in a unfamiliar city with my husband. I was from a BIG family and missed them terribly.

Anyways, I moved to Texas 5 years ago. The food is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G down in Houston. It was definitely not helping me lose any weight. Luckily, I didn't gain any during 3 years of living down there due to my daily 1 hour walk in 100 degrees weather. Things changed a couple of years ago when my last surviving parent died. It was the hardest thing I have had to deal with in a long time. At this point my father had be deceased for 20 years. I had learned to deal with that, we were never that close. However when my mother died that January it crippled me. I gained another 10 pounds that year alone. I am now @ 150 pounds. (it pains me to write that) I obviously use food as a crutch.

I want to lose about 25 pounds and just cannot stay motivated. I want my boys to not be ashamed of the way I look. I want to be the trophy wife that my husband deserves. I turn 37 this year and want to lose those 25 pounds before I turn 40. So I am on 3FC looking for some inspiration. There seems to be a lot of fantastic success stories on here.

Sorry for my long post, I just thought I should give you my background.

Last edited by Mama Whitty; 06-18-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Mama Whitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #3  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Welcome!

First off, try to figure out where your motivation is coming from. Then use the heck out of it.

Start by taking baby steps. Don't try to jump into a workout full blast. One method you could do, that I'm going to do myself, is walk in place for 30 mins to an hour while watching television. Don't even need a treadmill.

You can also try stretching exercises, like pilates or yoga to build yourself up to it.

Once you start doing that, and changing some of your food habits to moderation, then you'll definitely start feeling better.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote