Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello Again!

Hi!

So I used to come to this site a few years ago, but just kind of forgot about it and stopped posting.

I'm still on this weight loss journey and have been since 2006! But since it's been awhile since I've posted here, I thought I should re introduce myself!

I have always been slightly overweight most of my life and then in my 20s due to depression and other things (like I really hated myself and my life) I hit my highest weight of all time - 298 lbs. That was near the end of 2006 and since then, I've been working toward losing weight and getting into onederland. I was close, so close in 2011. I was down to 202! But then my life changed. My job at work changed and I became more stressed out and then on top of that, my husband and I went back to college. Combine stress, bad eating and little exercise and I've gained back 30ish lbs. I've tried to get back on track, and I do, for awhile. And then slide back into bad habits. I've been pretty much in the 220s to 230s for the past few years and it's getting old. I get back on track for awhile and lose some weight... and then fall off and gain it back. But I have kept off a large bulk of the weight I've lost, so that's a plus.

I fell in love with running in 2009 and have done a couple of half marathons and the MCM last year. But I'm not losing weight and while I can still run, it does make me slower. I was faster in 2011, before I started school (and injured my knee!). And its hard to feel good about my accomplishmentsishments because I'm not happy with the weight I've gained back. I'm also not happy about how the MCM went, overall. It was a great experience because I did it with my Dad. But other than that, it sucked.

Anyway, as of this morning, I am down to 224.4. I really, really, REALLY want to get under 200 lbs this year.

I calorie count on Nutrimirror and run, walk, mt and road bike and do workout DVDs. At least, that is what I'm trying to do, again. I lost all the water weight (seriously, 9.4 lbs! I was 233.8 on Sunday) this week from my vacation last week in Vegas. And now the hard, real work begins. I don't lose weight quickly and have to track what I eat and how much I exercise carefully.

So yeah, Hi!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #2  

back!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Thank you!!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Welcome back! I love this site because it is very motivating and inspirational for me! I hope it continues to help you as well!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote