Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/192/150

Height: 5' 10"

Default New to 3FC and in the middle of everything

Hello everyone...I joined 3FC yesterday. My name is Michele and I'm from the Midwest. Turned 50 recently (middle-aged) have already lost 45 lbs in the last 18 months with 40 more to go (just past that mid point) and have found that I'm carrying an over-abundance...well, around my middle.

This last six months I've yo-yo'd and gained back some weight, but am now back in losing weight by counting calories as well as doing exercise when I'm able to (lupus, fibromyalgia.)

My frustration is with all my recent issues with lupus. I don't know from one day to the next whether I'm able to walk or be without pain and it's hard to focus when the elephant in the room is getting in my way.

Last fall, at 190 lbs and being 5'10" I wore a size 10. Now at 190 lbs I can't squash into them. It must be the just-turned-50 syndrome where everything shifted to the middle. You should have seen the look on my face yesterday when I put a pair of 10s on, bent over, and the fabric shredded.

My final goal is 150 lbs. Hoping to get to 175 by the end of July...and back into those darn 10s. For now, my short term goal is to faithfully count those calories and continue losing 2 lbs per week and do some mild exercise when my body lets me. I thought I'd do the SB Phase one this week for a switch but I'm not mentally prepared to change what's working right now.
MicheleLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote