Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Default a little about myself and why i'm here

bit about myself:
i am considered EDNOS, but recovered. my weight went from 105 to 205 in about 18 months due to pregnancy, comfort eating after the miscarriage, and a combination of birth control and antipsychotic medications. i want to get back to 105, but my current short-term goal is to get to 150. as of today's weigh-in, i am 187.5 lbs.

why i'm here:
i wanted an ACTIVE weightloss forum, and this was recommended to me. i want somewhere where other people are counting calories too, cutting things out, trying to truly become healthier. i am also on my way to quitting smoking as well, it's not just weight i wanna lose, it's a goal of overall health.

and ps:
i love to talk. talk to me all the time. i talk talk talk all day.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/158/154

Michael101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #5  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. Glad to have you join us. The more time I spend here, the more encouragement and motivation I receive. I look forward to "chatting" with you as you reach towards your healthy lifestyle goals.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/274/165

Height: 5"3'

Hi there and welcome! I'm new too but I'm already feeling more motivated reading everyone's posts. I think this exactly the kind of forum you were looking for

Congrats on losing 17.5 pounds so far! That's a huge achievement in itself. Have you been calorie counting or are you on a different plan? Have you started working out or will you ease into it?
aprildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprildennis View Post
Hi there and welcome! I'm new too but I'm already feeling more motivated reading everyone's posts. I think this exactly the kind of forum you were looking for

Congrats on losing 17.5 pounds so far! That's a huge achievement in itself. Have you been calorie counting or are you on a different plan? Have you started working out or will you ease into it?
calorie counting. i haven't been exercising, but i got DDR (dance dance revolution) for exercising and have added an exercise section to my daily calorie counting log. i'm gonna try and use it for at least 10 minutes 3 times a week to start with, but i would like to be playing at least 30 minutes a day 3 times a week by may.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #8  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ahh! I used to love DDR.. I haven't even seen that game in like --forever!!! It's such a fun game to play with people.. now I play more like "Just Dance" on the wii, which isn't as crazy as DDR is... DDR is a great way to get some exercise in, and lots of fun.

I am technically not "new" here, but I am at the same time. I joined this site a long time ago, and participated a LITTLE bit, but not much... not enough to go anywhere on the scale, and I was never focused, now I am starting fresh.. I am 181, and would like to be around 135, once I get down to that, I'll decide what I want to do after there.. I have a feeling it's not going to be JUST 135, but right now I gotta just FOCUS on getting healthier.

How sad to hear about your miscarriage, I am so so sorry to hear that. I haven't had an experience like that, so I can only imagine, and I'm sure my imagination couldn't take me to the amount of pain you are going through and live through daily. So so sorry for you and your family.

Welcome aboard! and I am also a big chatter, maybe we can become friends and chat and do some challenges together?
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savemykissesx View Post
Ahh! I used to love DDR.. I haven't even seen that game in like --forever!!! It's such a fun game to play with people.. now I play more like "Just Dance" on the wii, which isn't as crazy as DDR is... DDR is a great way to get some exercise in, and lots of fun.

I am technically not "new" here, but I am at the same time. I joined this site a long time ago, and participated a LITTLE bit, but not much... not enough to go anywhere on the scale, and I was never focused, now I am starting fresh.. I am 181, and would like to be around 135, once I get down to that, I'll decide what I want to do after there.. I have a feeling it's not going to be JUST 135, but right now I gotta just FOCUS on getting healthier.

How sad to hear about your miscarriage, I am so so sorry to hear that. I haven't had an experience like that, so I can only imagine, and I'm sure my imagination couldn't take me to the amount of pain you are going through and live through daily. So so sorry for you and your family.

Welcome aboard! and I am also a big chatter, maybe we can become friends and chat and do some challenges together?
feel free to chat with me all day long :3 what kind of challenges? right now i'm working on A LOT. trying to get into school, diet, exercise, be more hygienic, taper off my smoking so i can quit, cleaning...

its okay, the miscarriage was a while ago, but there was a lot of comfort-eating afterwards which is what frustrates me now... the baby was sick and would never have survived past a year, so the miscarriage was a blessing in disguise... but of course i was upset, who wouldn't be? D; when i found out my baby was sick, i cried for 7 hours straight. the head was about twice the size of the body, and at the time of my miscarriage i was told the baby had been dead 2 weeks. but i knew there was something wrong from the beginning... i bled for 35 DAYS straight, ridiculous amounts of blood, i was changing my thick old-lady pad every hour. i just knew something was wrong, so i wasn't that surprised when they did my ultrasound and they went "uhhhh there's something wrong here". but like i said, i'm quite over it. still pissed about my stretch marks tho.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/120/110

Height: 5'2"

Default Welcome!!

I'm new here too
Slm2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 380/364/180

Height: 5'8

Welcome from one newbie to another, also looking for support along my journey. You sound ready for the challenge and know you can do it!
Lindasrecovery is offline   Reply With Quote