Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #1  

Default another newbie!! & opinions pls! :)

Hi everyone!! Newbie here looking to make some buddies to help keep on track!

Well I had a baby 10 months ago and finding it really really hard to lose the weight. Have lost so far about 5kg but still about 5 to go and its getting harder so thought I'd try get some support to help!

I'm only 5'1 and currently approx 60.4kg (133ish pounds) & my goal is 55kg. I don't mind a little extra weight & I've always had a chunky body type (thanks mum & dad!).. but just wanna get back to my comfortable weight.

Also just wanting opinions on my current weight (as per pic) - maybe i'm just being vein but if you saw me walking would you think, wow she's chubby or just normal? Its just i look in the mirror and see FAT.. my partner has not really noticed a difference yet & i havent had anyone give me the normal weight loss compliments so now i'm paranoid the fat person I'm seeing in the mirror is accurate!! I dont have a before shot unfortunately but just looking for motivation I guess! it always helps when people tell you you're looking good! will help compare for later too

oh and i realise I have chunky legs.. always have and always will - sucks but its just the way i was made! being short sure doesnt help lol

thanks everyone! hope to speak to you all soon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130304_111753.jpg (27.8 KB, 14 views)
krisj85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #2  
PortionControlling!

S/C/G: 208.8/185.4/158.8

Height: 5'10

I think you look great, not chubby at all! If I saw you id think you are so lucky to look that good
mrsharshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

I also think you look great!
Nzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You look like that is already your "after" photo. I think you look great! I don't think what you see in the mirror is an accurate reflection of what is really going on. I hope you find a way to see that you look fantastic!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:34 AM   #5  

thanks guys, that really means a lot to me. i need to get out of the mindframe that everyone is judging me on my weight.. an issue I've had for so long (as im sure many other have too!). Just good to have a reality check sometimes and as strange as it sounds with this stuff id trust a strangers opinion than friends/family!! hope to get this last 5kg off and maintain it - glad ive found the support ill need!
krisj85 is offline   Reply With Quote