Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/240/150

Height: 5'8"

Default New here and struggling

I am a 37 year old single gal who works as a medical secretary. I have family, friends and cats.. but no kids! I hail from Baltimore , MD ( GO RAVENS)

I started my weight loss journey at the end of September 2012. to date i have lost 34 lbs! But I still have a long ways to go. (another 90 lbs to goal!)
I have been on Jenny Craig.. but last month I fell completely off- miraculously I only gained 1 lb- which frankly is a gift from above considering what I consumed.

Now I am back on and lost 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks. But my enthusiasm is gone. I feel that I am on a long trudge and that I have so far to go. I am dealing with what are clearly addiction issues, maybe a little depression , as my mind seem to constantly be trying to talk me into eating food and quantities that are not good for my goals!

Are there any particular conversations on this site, that some of you who have been here a while, recommend that I read??
Also, any ideas on what might help give me a shot in the arm?

Thank you all!

Last edited by cadiza; 02-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.
cadiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236 / T(176*) / 145

Height: 5' 5

Hi and welcome! I am sure that there are some great threads that you can read; you may want to check out the relevant sections for depression issues and I think it's called "Chicks in Control". You may find some relevant material that you connect with there.

Sometimes when I am looking for motivation I like to go to the mini-goals photo album forum. In contrast to the goal forum, in these threads people typically post throughout their journey. It can be more motivating when I'm in a rut or struggling to go look and remind myself how much of a difference losing that next 10, 15, or 20 pounds will make in how I look and feel. Then looking at the journey in those small chunks can seem a little more manageable.

I hope you find something that helps! Stick around and jump in on threads, everyone here is lovely and ready to support each other to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
kaebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #3  

Thanks for the tips. both were very helpful. Actually the gradual weight loss pics are great motivation.. I went and looked at my own pictures over the last 3 months and I was surprised that I could see a difference- (not dramatic yet, but it is there). Also I've been looking around, and this seems like a great support community.. I'm so glad i found this site. I can really relate to what so many are saying... it's good to know you are not alone. I think i can get get and give allot here! (I might just be getting pumped up???)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

!!

There is a sub-forum here for Jenny Craig. And if it doesn't help re-boot, plenty of other advice!! The support here is just invaluable.

Welcome & good luck!!!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #5  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc's Cadiza!

Congratulations on your loss; you're doing so well. Something that really helped me was to give myself small rewards for every ten pounds lost. It sort of motivated me to keep on going when I felt a bit weary or overwhelmed by the whole process.

I'm watching the Ravens parade (on tv) right now!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #6  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Hello and welcome

I'm on a different plan, but I second the suggestion that you check out the depression and chicks in control forum. Both are relevant to me and I've found them really helpful. I will say if I lose motivation to, er, lose, then feel free to take a maintenance break It teaches you good habits for the future and takes the pressure off, and is a good damage control measure

Hope to see you around the forum again!
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/240/175

Height: 5'2

Hi and welcome! I also found this site while searching the web for some motivation after a super small loss one week. This forum and its members are amazing. And I would agree with checking the mini-goals section for motivation. I am so amazed and inspired what the people here have done.
Rolodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone for the support and tips.. It really is helpful. There is so much on these boards, it's nice to get some input on where to start..
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #9  

Tai..I think that the 10 lbs reward idea is a good one.. what type of things did you reward yourself with?

Also, wasn't the parade a blast? I watched on-line at work.. Turns out Ed Reed made a good choice when he decided to go into football and not singing.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 219/209/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome... I am fairly new on this site but I find myself just reading all of the post when I start to have one my pity parties or just don't want to do this any more.... the more I read the more I learn and the more I start to realize there are so many others out there who at some point have been through exactly what I am feeling. Once I reach my goal, if anyone ask me how I did it, I will honestly be able to include this website in my list!!! Keep coming back!!!
kjnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #11  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote