Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #1  

Default Has anyone had a Allergic reaction to EAS AdvantEdge

I am trying again for the millionth time to loose my extra poundage. I like IP, but the product does cost alot. I love the IP Choc drink pre-mix shake and I think I could live on them! A friend told me that Sams sold a similar product, low carbs, high protein drink, for 1/5th the price. I purchased two cases of the EAS AdvantEdge carb control chocolate shake, and have tried it twice. Each time a huge allergic reaction. Hives, read eyes, itchy skin, swollen throat. I had to take benedryl to counteract it. Has anyone else had this reaction? the price is right on this product, but there is something that is in this product, that is not in IP choc drink that does not agree with me.
ann1e0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #2  

I'm a newbie to this site. Perhaps I need to ask my question to another area of the site, as I can't find an answer to my question. I am offically watching my carb intake again, watching what I eat. I may go back on the IP, as the program does work, i have seen many friends lose weight. I cheated, and it is difficult to get focused again. good luck to all out there that are experiencing a similar battle. -a
ann1e0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #3  

Hi ann1eo, there is a specific Ideal Protein forum that many people post on. I don't believe many of them frequent outside their forum into the "introductions" forum based on the activity I see on 3FC.

I hope you are feeling better after your allergic reaction. I don't know anything about the IP diet.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome
I hope you recover quickly from your reaction- that sounds awful!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #5  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Do you have any food allergies that you are aware of? These are the ingredients listed as per their website, are you allergic to milk or soy by chance?

Water, Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate. Less than 2% of the Following: Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Gluconate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Beta- Carotene, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione, Cyanocobalamin), Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali), High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Cellulose Gel, Gellan Gum, and Sucralose.

Contains milk and soy ingredients.

*Unfortunately it lists "Natural & Artificial Flavors" so you never know what those flavours are. I have a papaya and mango allergy so when I look at items that just list artificial and natural flavours but don't say what they are I have to pass on it.

Last edited by SweetTreat80; 02-02-2013 at 09:36 PM.
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote