Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/175/125

Height: 5' 2"

Default Seems impossible to get to my goal

Hello everyone, I am a 40 year old mother of 3, my first one is 20, the second one is 16 and the last one is 3. I was recently told by my doctor that I need to lose weight or I will have to start taking diabetes medication. I was on a strict diet during my last pregnancy due to gestational diabetes and I only gained 3 pounds during my pregnancy but after I had the baby I quit dieting and gained 15 pounds, I have been eating a lot less lately but I keep gaining weight and I really think that it will be impossible to lose 15 pounds so I just feel that I will just give up trying. I do not even know where to start.

Last edited by greenlily; 12-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.
greenlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #2  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Wow only a 3 pound gain that deserves a applause. I know about the medicated diabetes journey- you are way smart to dodge that ball.It's great to have you here.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! Don't get discouraged... The way I like to look at is that just losing 5% of your body weight can start to make a difference in things like people's blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure numbers... And with a 10% reduction most people really start to see their numbers in a much better place...

So when you break it down into smaller pieces like that I find it becomes a little bit less overwhelming...

The one suggestion I would have... is it possible to ask your doctor for a referral to a registered dietitian to help you come up with a plan? I think that could be helpful in alleviating some of the worries and concerns you may be having with all of this...

And of course there is a lot of great support here at 3FC that really can help you reach your goals as well...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote