Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172

Height: 5'1'

Default Hi all, just starting my journey on the QWL program

Hi all, just starting my journey on the QWL program
I’m a 40 year old woman starting hopefully my last journey on weight loss programs. I most of us know that if we eat the right things and exercise we can lose or help maintain the weight we should be on ( only in a prefixed world).
I have been over weight my whole life and following every crazy diet out there. That all stopped for me at the age of 28 and weighing 380lb at only 5”1” is when I realized if I didn’t do something drastic I would never stop gaining weight. I had a gastro bypass done and it was my miracle that was only a tool to help me lose weight. I did go down to 140lb but looked sick so I went up to between 150lb and 155lb were I looked and felt great. I stayed at that weight for about a good 6 years, eating what I wanted, drinking (very bad alcohol), but exercising regularly until a car accident that slowed down my exercise and split up with x along with a move and change of job.
Next four years I fluctuated between 155lb and 160lb., not even realizing I had gained it an extra 10lb I didn’t want. Then I remarried in 2010 new job, back in school working on my BS with life’s stress older and fluctuating since 2010 to present 160lb- 175lb. I woke up one day and said better do something before e I’m back where I was at 28.
I started the road again on crazy diets, started the gym again but another accident stopped that. My last diet was HCG I did a couple of round lost but it gained back. I’m a bad eater sometimes going all day until the afternoon when I get headache to remind me I didn’t eat, than eating the first thing I can grab.
I’ve heard about QWL centers before through the years but always thought of them as taking your money. My cousin started there plain and it worked for her to drop 20lb. I run two department with in my Doctors practice and were trying to get a wellness program up and going, so I’ve had many weight loss programs approach me about buying their products to sell. I’ve put them off to see how QWL program will work for me, for the reason that I have seen and heard from real people with crazy schedules like me that QWL program works so I want to try it and see really how it works than try different approaches for different peoples to help them make a the proper realistic life changes to help other as myself be and keep a healthy weight loss program. As all of us now it not easy everyone can say they have the magic answer but there isn’t one. For all of us that have struggled with obesity we know it’s not easy at all. Since my main fortay is working in the medical research field I love researching thing.
I started my prep phase on Friday 9/8/12 (172lb) ended prep phrase Wednesday 9/12/12 (169lb). I was placed on the Plan one diet plan; I weighed in on Friday 9/14/12 at 167.7 a 1 week weight loss of 4.3lb. I’m happy but hoe its not water weight or anything like that. It does feel crazy eating all the time but it would follow the too well known statement that we should eat at least five small meals a day to loss weight. I feel like it’s the same as the HSG diet with larger portion and a few extra foods .
I hope this can maybe help someone else out there with their struggle. I will be trying to check in every week or so.
Apologies for any misspelled words as I’m dyslexic.
Ixsa is offline   Reply With Quote