Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327.2/320/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Hey Everyone....I'm a newbie, too!

Hello Everyone! I started my IP jouney 7/16/12, and just happened to stroll across this site and am excited to see people in the same stage that I am on!

My story goes a little like this. I have been overweight for all of my adult life. I have 3 beautiful children and just turned the big 3-0! Just before my 30th birthday, we went on vacation. I was absolutely embarrasses when I could not FIT on one of the amusement rides. I had to walk away in shame. I felt like everyone was staring at me. I was crushed!!!
Then, for a birthday present, my mom offered me a gym membership. "There is heart disease and diabetes on both sides of the family." She tried to sugar coat it, but it still hurt. And my pride wouldnt let her buy me a gym membership. I already have one, but dont use it because my feet are starting to feel the weight of my body.

So today I am on day 5 of IP. I feel that I am doing great!! I quit drinking pop and eating out cold turkey. This is a huge feat for me because I was drinking close to 100 oz of pop a day!!!! and eating out at least once a day. Since I started I havent had either! My only near slip up was that my son was sitting on my lap eating dry cereal and as habit I went to grab some. It goes to show me that I am a creature of habit!

I look forward to meeting you all and hearing all about your success!!
Steffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Welcome! Cutting back on soda and eating out was how I started my diet too. Its crazy how hard just that can be. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 456/199/199

Height: 5'10"

Good luck Steffy. fast food was a huge thing for me. At least once a day and sometimes twice. And it wasn't just a burger and fries, it was usually 2 of everything. i quit it cold turkey.

Now that i've lost 240 pounds, I do go out to a sports bar once in awhile and indulge with a grilled chicken sandwich and some fries. Thats usually a couple times a month to keep my sanity But no fast food. And my body loves me for it

You can do it!!!
Borgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/183/154

Height: 5ft 6

Hi Steffy, Im also new to this site. Hopefully we can all help and motivate each other to find some willpower, especially where chocolates concerned lol :-)) Good luck xx
shaz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote