Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #1  

Default Wow! 45kgs in 6 months - getting scared :)

Hi everybody!
(hy, dr. Nick xD )

I'm a 23 year old IT student from Croatia. I've always been a little on the plus side of the scale, but nothing too serious - it was quite nice shaped, because at that time I trained capoeira

However, as I started studying, it all escalated. I had about 90kg, and soon got more and more. The main fault is that I had NO IDEA what is right, what to eat, what not, actually no idea about that, and as a result - my eating was left to chance. I also stopped training capoeira as I feared it would disrupt my studying (it was probably just rationalizing).

Anyway, little by little I got to my new highest: 113.8 kg. And that was it. And then, not so long ago, I think it was this new year, so 1.1.2012. that I stepped on the scale and it showed 130.8kg, which isss....288lbs, I think.

And....before that I tried losing weight, and failed, and tried again, and succeeded, and gained it back etc etc etc.

I experimented with macrobiotics, and it worked great, but it's expensive and honestly: TOO complicated for me.

I tried with the green smoothie from Victoria Boutenko's "Green for life", but I was always hungry with it.

No doubt all those systems work, but...not for me.

Now I found some new stuff, Taoism It's full of easy to make, veeeery tasty, completely balanced, and very nutritious recipes that I have fallen in love with <3 There are also some weird taoistic exercises that are sooo easy to do, I can't describe, and they also FEEL good

Ok, I know it sounds like I'm advertising, but it's just sooo good

Anyway, I started a little, nothing serious, at the beginning of the year. Then stopped almost immediately. Then got a bet with my friend on April 1st, that I will lose a lot of weight until July 1st, which is like...right around the corner

And I did! I was down to 113.5kg, which was like WOW! It's been soo long since I was that low with my weight, and feeling that great.

However, I don't know why (it's probably because I had one exam at that time, and that stresses me out and I just eat junk, order pizza, juices, chocolates <3 ) and I stopped, again. I was almost again completely back. I got to 125.5kg (pretty numbers, I know xD ). And now I'm aaat.....112kg (give or take, it moves a lot).

So, my new plan is to start on July 1st again, but this time I give myself 6 months to go to my ideal weight. As defined by my hot bodybuilding friend: height - 100cm, which in my case is: 178 - 100 = 78kg And I calculated, it seems quite possible: I read somewhere that 5kg/month is ok rhythm, not too slow, not too dangerous. So by that calculations, I should be at my goal by the end of the year. I even made a graph and everything

hm...what else?
Oh yeah, I was talking to my friend the other day like: what when I lose weight, I don't want to be skinny, that's also not pretty. So he gave me a brilliant idea: start swimming

That's my plan!
Wow I'm already getting excited I was like a girl: watching hot swimmers bodies on the internet, and was like: I want that
I don't know yet when I'll start swimming. I know it's not soon, becaue I'm tooooooo big to take my clothes of. But Somewhere around 90-100 kg should be ok I think And that's in like....long time

sooooo, to make the long story short:
Hello, and whassup?
dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

Hi! First off, let me just say that I love how many smilies you used in you post! It makes it look very happy

Second, I think you have a pretty solid plan! I also agree that fit looks much better than skinny, and swimming is really fun. I also have trouble with staying on my weightloss plan when exams start, but it helps to get a friend (or someone from this website!) to hold you accountable.

As cliche as it sounds, it does get easier, and 90-100kg isn't as far away as you think Good luck, and welcome to the party!
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #3  

hey ho

Yea, I'm happy. Because this 113.5kg is engraved in my memory like a miracle And stupid stupid stupid me back up.

Well...I hope this plan works, because it would be...wait for it...AWESOME to be sexy

btw. you're amazing, got an iron woman picture, and that running heart down there...amazing!

btw. btw. do you know the joke that every woman is iron woman?
Female. Fe - iron. Iron man
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

Haha, yeah, I'm a huge Marvel comics fan and I love Iron man. So I thought, since I have red hair, I would use Pepper as my inspiration! I wanna look like her!
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #5  
will Never Give Up!

S/C/G: 294/285/150

Height: 5'6"

Awesome post, dannyboy, and congrats on your weight loss. Very inspirational.
vegasgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #6  

yea, Pepper's hot <3

and thanks vegasgal, I didn't know I was so inspirational

Anyway, I have some questions:
-is this forum only for women/girls? I feel kinda on a wrong place
-where can I post like...my diary/blog, whatever? I thought this site has it, but couldn't find it

tnx!