Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #1  
emilydwest

S/C/G: 255/231/158

Height: 5'7

Default New Herre

Hi all I am new here

I have been ding WW since last year - I have lost quite a bit - some on WW and some on another diet before it. Anyway I like WW but it is so slow I am getting discouraged. I have over 70 lbs to go and at .6 to 1.2 a week it seems like forever. So you know I do eat my 49 extra pts - I could cut those out. But what is weird is I lift wts twice a week, do floor work (abs/stretching) twice a week, and swim 6 to 10 laps Wednesdays and 11 to 19 laps Fridays. I just added the Wednesdays - some weeks I dont do the Wednesdays. The weeks I add the Wednesday swimming I lose less or gain - go figure. That has happened twice. I know wt lifting adds muscle which is denser, but swimming is cardio. Unless my muscles are swollen and holding water from all the swimming laps - I dunoo

Anyway I often feel like giving up but having been overwt since 4 yrs old and looking 50 in the face I really want this wt off. I have limited simple carbs on WW even though they allow them because one thing I do know is if I eat a lot of simple carbs I get ravenous hunger that I cant say no to. I think for me that is what is making me as successful as I have been this time because all throught the 70s and 80s I could never lose wt because I could not fight that hunger and high carb was all the rage - which was the cause of it, unbeknownst o all of us at hat time. So in other words I do know of certain things that do work but I am not sure how to keep motivated when it is so slow - except that if I suddenly stop I go backward and immediatley gain wt.

I feel so desperate about my wt - there are many things I am scared to do because of being overwt - yet at the same time having lost what I have I am starting - just starting - to feel pretty again -and everyone at work is noticing my wt loss. Funny though I have not changed a size yet - my normal size 18 is just looser but I have not changed a size - that is frustrating.

Anyway I can see why so many fail at wt loss as it is so hard to keep motivated when it comes off so slow

As for the 49 extra pts again - if I eliminated those I am afraid I would feel deprived and start to binge - I guess I could eliminate them but - well I have to figure it out

Thanks for listening to me vent

Em
emilydwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Emily, welcome to the forum. Congrats on your weight loss!! Please don't stop your efforts. Even if the weight loss takes time, that time is going to go by anyway. Does it help to think that next summer you can be in the same boat you've been in, or at your goal weight? (Maybe not such an encouraging thought when you're hungry or discouraged but that's what we're all here for!)

I'm too new to 3FC to be giving advice, but there are many wiser voices here for counsel and inspiration. Also, if you haven't already, check out the "slow dance with a stranger" thread - all about the frustration of slow weight loss.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

I think first of all, you need to remove the thought of your in a race to get to the finish line, because that way of thinking is basically saying when you get there the work is done. You want to be able to maintain and keep doing the things that get you there forever. If it's .6 or 1.2 per week it doesn't matter, it's still something in the right direction.

I don't know how WW works, but you seem to be doing a fair amount of exercise, the things I would be looking at is how much carbs and how much protein are you having? I think the simplest way people can make a difference is by reducing your carb intake ad increasing your protein intake. At least then you don't have as many carbs to burn off so your already getting a head start.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote