Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Default De-lurking and near goal! (25lbs in 4 months)

I've been reading this forum for over a month and have finally decided to join in. Like a lot of people, I gained weight slowly over several years after moving to a new country to follow my boyfriend (now my husband). It was hard adjusting especially as it meant moving out of home to a new country where I didn't speak the language and I started eating out a lot. My weight crept up from just under 100 lbs to 132 lbs over 4 years. Last September we finally moved back home (yay!) but my anxiety/depression resurfaced. After therapy and dealing with my social anxiety, I realised that I was overweight (Chinese heritage with a BMI of over 24 is considered overweight!) and decided to lose weight. Although my very lovely mother used to claim I gained the weight because I was just bigger boned. I measured and it turns out I have a tiny frame even if it is bigger than the rest of my family.

I started on Jan 7 at 132 lbs and it's been just over 4 months and I'm down to 107 lbs so 25 lbs lost (slightly over 1 lb a week). I'm now down to my last 7 pounds and so far I've been lucky to have only stalled for 1 week (fixed by adding a glass of full cream milk to my daily diet) even though I live a very sedentary lifestyle, am terrible at telling when I'm full and my husband claims I have a separate dessert stomach.

My diet has been low carb with one refeed day a week (usually consisting of 2 scoops of icecream and carb-heavy food like pizza/pasta). Weirdly enough I'm on holiday in Disney and have lost almost 3 lbs this week while having icecream/cake/frozen yogurt/chips during the week. Obviously it's the walking and the guesstimating of portion sizes.

So here's hoping to get my last few pounds off and then to reasses my goals!

Thanks to everyone who posts on this board btw as I've found so much similarities and inspiration!
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #2  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

When I lived in Florida, my friend and I went to DisneyWorld one day and took our pedometers, I want to say we clocked over 13 miles of walking that day. On top of which we sweated our butts off, so I'm sure that helped.

I know lots of people have denounced "big boned". My father had an accident when I was a child and went in for an MRI scan. The technician kept yelling at him to stop moving. After they took the 3rd scan they realized they'd never seen bones so large, so to some extent I suppose it is possible I trust the "frame test" of measuring your wrist of one hand by wrapping your fingers of one hand around the wrist of another. My fingers barely touch, so by the description I found, I have a medium frame.

When I was 14 years old, Weight Watchers told me my ideal weight would be 165 lbs, but I think that may be stretching it a bit.

It sounds like you have made some significant progress! Congrats! I firmly believe that you have to allow yourself small treats from time to time or else you may fall off the proverbial wagon altogether.

For two weeks I was craving caramel. I actually had dreams of caramel. I finally broke down and bought a caramel candy bar. I broke it up in pieces, and ate only 1 piece. It helped immensely It stayed in my freezer for 2 months and I forgot about it until the next time I had PMS, I had another piece then.

I think my BMI was 24 when I was 14 yrs of age. It's my goal to get back there again.

I have the last 2 pieces in my freezer still and I'm okay with it

I like your name! Good luck
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote