Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/255/160

Height: 5'0"

Red face Tired of not caring

Hello, I just joined this forum (obviously). I'll give a few details. I'm 23, 5'0" and 260 lbs. As my title says, I'm tired of pretending like I don't care about my weight when I know I do. I have 3 kids, 1 6 yr old boy, 3 yr old special needs daughter, and a 7mo old boy. I haven't always been the heavy child. I was thin until about age 12. Got to a weight I was uncomfortable with and turned to meth and anorexia at 15. Got down to about 140, quit drugs and was happy. Got into the wrong relationship and started gaining. 2 pregnancies ( oldest child is my step son but I'm the only mother he has) and a marriage, I'm at this weight. After having an eating disorder, i can say i have a horrible relationship with food. That's a road I never want to go down again. Moving to a new city, where my sons school is so close that we walk, I've met my breaking point. I don't want to be the fat chick everyone sees walking down the sidewalk, red-faced from a 20 minute walk with a stroller (granted it is 85+° outside). Also, with having a special needs daughter.... she's my main drive to get healthy. She will never walk, talk, or crawl. She's so dependent on me and I don't want my weight to be in the way of giving her the care she deserves. I do have a very supportive husband, he does like the chubby girls, but I'm too chubby for my own liking and he will just have to deal with my goals of weight loss. There's a little of me, and my background. Any tips, advice, criticism would be appreciated. I don't sugar coat things (no pun intended) so please dont do the same with me. I'm glad to join and can't wait until I see the scale start moving!!!
Medanalife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your new journey! Glad you joined-- and caring for your daughter is a GREAT motivator. Welcome.
sunshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #3  

I just joined too! I haven't posted much but everyone here seems so nice. I wish you the best on your journey!
KaiSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Good luck! Caring for my youngest son who has some behavioral issues was a major motivating factor for me too. I just didn't have the energy he needed - or that I needed! You have age on your side - at 23 you will be thrilled with the results you can achieve if you find a program and stick with it! Good luck and keep posting.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

WELCOME....you'll find a great bunch of people here with a lot of support. Find a plan that works for you and an approach that you can maintain over a lifetime. I am still on my journey but started at a higher weight (284+). Remember, one day at a time, one meal at a time, one pound at a time. Cheering you on to goal! WE CAN DO THIS.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #6  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I can relate to much of what you wrote. I have an 18 month old son, and he is my main motivator. Another thing that motivated me was losing my 50 year old mom to cancer, three weeks after she was diagnosed. I realized life is so short and precious, and we need to make the most of it while we are here.

You seem like such a strong young woman, and I have every confidence you can achieve anything you set out to. Remember, no matter what, no matter how busy you are raising your kids, take time out for yourself. You need it for yourself AND for them. Before I lost weight, I felt miserable and I know it held me back from being the mom I wanted to be. Now, my energy has returned and I am happier with myself, which in turn makes me a better mom!
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/161.9/160

Height: 5' 8"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirl View Post
Welcome! I can relate to much of what you wrote. I have an 18 month old son, and he is my main motivator. Another thing that motivated me was losing my 50 year old mom to cancer, three weeks after she was diagnosed. I realized life is so short and precious, and we need to make the most of it while we are here.

You seem like such a strong young woman, and I have every confidence you can achieve anything you set out to. Remember, no matter what, no matter how busy you are raising your kids, take time out for yourself. You need it for yourself AND for them. Before I lost weight, I felt miserable and I know it held me back from being the mom I wanted to be. Now, my energy has returned and I am happier with myself, which in turn makes me a better mom!
What she said!
fredlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

welcome to the forum, i'm new here as well and i've found this to be a great community that's very supportive of everyone. congragulations on starting your weight loss journey
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/255/160

Height: 5'0"

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the support. I'm hoping that by joining this forum will help me stick to it. Things are definitely hectic right now. My daughter is getting discharged from the hospital today and I cant wait to get her home. She's such an angel. After all the stuff she has gone thru, she's so happy and always keeps a smile on her face.
Medanalife is offline   Reply With Quote