Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253 / 243 / 180

Default 10 pounds down, hoping this forum helps with the 63 to go...

Hi there! I have been dieting on and off for the past ten years, trying everything in the book, but never managing to stick with it. But if I don't get right back up and try again, I'll never get the weight off and be healthy.

I am turning 30 late this year. I feel like I have wasted my 20s yo-yoing between 200 pounds, where I feel okay in my skin, and 250, where I am constantly sick and miserable. I am sick of thinking about food all the time, sick of binges, sick of deciding it is easier to give up.

For my birthday this November, I feel like I would give anything to reach my goal weight of 180 pounds, but I will settle for maintaining around 200 as long as I am healthier and stronger than I am now.

Wish me luck!
Amabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

If you stop by 3FC several times a day, it will help keep your head in the game. Make yourself at home, we're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/181/135

Height: 5'7''

Hi there!

I have 43 more pounds to lose this year.

I joined a couple of 2012 challenges.
Join one. It will really help keep you focused on your dieting.

Once you get to your goal, be sure to join the maintenance forums here. You and I need to keep off all this weight in order to look and feel good the rest of our lives.
This is a lifetime journey. Make up your mind to take it off and keep it off. That is what I did on New Year's.
I keep a daily count of my calories on a different website. I try not to go over 1500/day.
And it's working!

"My mind is made up. I am on my way to the OLD ME!"
MARLA26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #4  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Congrats on losing your first 10 lb. Good luck on your journey. You can do anything you set your mind to.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Hi There! I am very similair in my stats, I am currently 246 lbs, and a year to the month younger than you! Also I have lost it all before, only to not stick to it and put it back on, so we are in a similiar boat and I can relate to everything you say. Best of luck with it, and if you want a weight loss buddy or accountability partner just let me know.
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 253 / 243 / 180

Thank you so much for all the support! I had no idea I'd log back on the next day and see all of this. I am already loving this place and hope to see all of you around again soon.
Amabel is offline   Reply With Quote