Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #1  

Red face Hello, I'm terrified

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gretha and I am absolutely terrified, so much so that I'm scared to purchase a simple bathroom scale. I currently weigh around 200 pounds, not sure since I do not own a bathroom scale. I have always had weight problems, I began dieting around the age of 15, and absolutely hated myself. So much so that I would actually strip when I got home from school, throw on sweat pants, a sweat belt, on top of this I would wear 8 belts, pulled as tight as possible, a garbage bag over my stomach and 2 t-shirts, plus a sweat shirt, to sweat off some of the weight. My lowest weight since the age of 15 was when I was 19 and had gone through a really bad breakup, which was 147. My goal weight is 145. I am currently 21, and hope to reach by goal weight by September 1, 2012.
I plan on setting a monthly goal of around 8-10lbs, diet and exercise are to be incorporated into my life. I hear that the early morning workout is best, so this means 5am workouts for me. I hope to only gain inspiration and confidence from you ladies. Good luck, I know you, we can do this.
gbencomo1358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #2  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gretha! Welcome to the boards! We're glad you're here you'll find tons of support here!
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #3  

Hi Gretha, I am also new here. I weigh over 200 pounds and have weighed over 200 pounds off and on since my late 30's I am now 57 years old and am so tired of being unhealthy, and yo yo dieting. So I am bound and determined to lose the weight this time and keep it off. I start my new program tomorrow and I know the first 3 days will be hard, but i'm going to stick to it no matter what. No Cheating for me, I am printing a picture out of myself that I would be just mortified if anyone ever saw it and posting it on my fridge! If that doesn't help keep me motivated, nothing will. Don't be terrified, just get a plan and get started!

Last edited by Iamthegram; 01-24-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Iamthegram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #4  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

The thing about working out in the morning is mostly so you get it done and out of the way, to ensure you don't lose motivation later in the day. If later works for you, do it later. I work out at various times of the day and night, and I'm about 95 pounds down. What do you plan for eating? I highly recommend calorie counting, it's been so successful for myself and so many others on this site. There have been periods that I haven't been able to get much exercise in, but I still continue to lose steadily because I'm a devoted CCer. Of course, I feel better and look better when I exercise more, but again--weight still comes off without exercise if you count calories. You'll learn a lot of the things you read on the internet and elsewhere are just weightloss myths--it's really about calories in, calories out. Welcome to 3FC!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #5  
66 pounds by October 16!

S/C/G: 206/135.6/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gretha, I'm Jamie. I'm currently over 200 lbs. too and looking to lose about the same amount of weight by around the same time as you (October for me). Just wanted to say congrats on starting your journey. It's so exciting to think of how much we can change in less than a year. Can't wait to see your progress!
Energizer Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Gretha, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join! Be sure to check out the 20-somethings.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote