Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/268/250

Height: 5'3

Default I will do it this time.

Hey I am 22 years old. My highest weight was 325, and in 2 years I have gone down to 288. Yes slow, but that's because I would do good for a while, then stop, then start again, etc. But thankfully I haven't gone back up to 325. And i've tried to lose weight so many times in the past. And I do, but gain it back, or just completly give up. So i'm hoping that joining and posting here will keep me on track to lose weight. Because I really want/need to. First off I hate shopping for clothes. There is only one store in town that sales pants in my size. And do you know how depressing it is to need some pants for work or something. And have to leave empty handed, or with something I don't even like, but have to get because it's the only thing that fits. And one thing I hate about plus size stores, are the prices. So I pay atleast $40 for something I don't care for, but need. And sometimes when I'm out and see a cool shirt it sucks when they don't go up to my size. I also want to ride roller coasters again. And I'm hoping losing weight will help me be more outgoing and lift my self-esteem. Because someone might know how it is. Hanging with friends who are all really smaller then you. You just feel like you don't belong. And then when I lose weight I want to learn how to wrestle. And I want to get to a weight so one of my friends can Wasteland me ^_^.

Of course I don't know exactly where I want to be. I think the highest I want to be is 200. Because according to the internet at my height I won't be denied insurance there. And the lowest 130. So yeah between 130-200. And I know it sounds silly, but sometimes I'm scared to lose weight. Because I don't want to end up crazy. For example 2 people I know who have lost weight they are so obsessed now with gaining a pound. If something has 1 gram of sugar they won't touch it. And they are so picky with eating. Of course they did it with hardly eating (and when they did, being very restricting) and diet pills. Me i'm going to try to eat healthier, not eat as much, and excersise. Because if I'm going to have to do this forever to keep it off. I still want to enjoy life and good food (just not as much as I eat now ^_^). And I had a friend once tell me that even if I lose weight, I'd look more "grotesque" because of all the loose skin. But I got to lose weight. And I'm thinking if I do it healthy I won't be so obsessed. And maybe the loose skin won't be as bad as I think or they make it out to be. Sorry for this being so long.

~Kathi
PhantomPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #2  
MariaGrazia

S/C/G: 163/149/125

Height: 5.4

Welcome to the site and good luck on your weight loss journey.
i tell you what i keep on telling myself: we can do it!
magraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Good luck to you!
TxJen82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck, don't pay attention to people who try to discourage you. Diet in a healthy way as you plan and you will lose.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/169/150

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Good luck! I believe you can, and will, do it this time! This seems to be the best place to reach out for support, so I think we're in good company
bsbgirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/110

You wont get crazy, but you will be healthier and more in control

You can do it, promise!
goodbyefatness is offline   Reply With Quote