Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #1  

Default Need some motivation.....

Hello! My name is Sara, I am the mother of 3 great kids. I have a 4 year old, 2 year old and 6 month old. I have been trying to lose weight ever since my 2nd child a daughter was born. I am obese and needing some input of what to do. I have tried diet pills and WW nothing has worked so far. I am doing the WII Fit but again it doesn't seem to be working. I am really getting down about this. Again since I have 3 young kids it is really hard for me to get out and walk or exercise. My husband works during the day and so I have no one to watch the kids. Sometimes I can hardly get up, all I want to do is sleep all day. Where I live I don't have any friends so I cant just call someone up to go walking with me either. I do try to eat healthy and limit calorie intake as well as not drinking pop but it seems to still not be working. I am so tired of feeling this way. I just want to be back the way I was before and feel sexy and attractive to my husband of 5 years again. Please help!
sholso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I am so sorry honey that you are having such a hard time. Please believe me when I say that I have totally been where you are, only with two kids.
My best advice is to write down everything that goes into your mouth for one week. This will give you an idea of how many calories you are actually eating in one day/week. Armed with this information, google "How many calories should I be eating" and online calculators will come up for you to input your information and give you a number of calories you should aim for each day.
I know it can be tough to get some exercise in. I finally had to force myself to start getting up an hour early in the morning to get my exercise in. I kept telling myself I would do it tonight and then when I would get home, something would derail my plans and then the guilt would set in. It was like a cycle of guilt so I decided enough was enough, I am worth the extra effort of getting up early and exercising for the benefit of my health. If getting up does not work, try getting a little exercise in while the baby is napping. I bet your 4 year old and 2 year old would have a blast working out with you.
Drink water, water and more water. If you have a bad day, meal or week, do NOT give up. You CAN DO THIS!!!

Last edited by NEMom; 10-07-2011 at 10:02 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

*Big, Big Hugs* All the love in the world for kiddos, but they are life sucking parasites. My 5 year old is now in school, but still have a 9 month old at home, and now he doesn't nap but once a day, so I hear ya on the time thing. My husband got me a hula hoop for my birthday and that's been a lot of fun and doesn't take up much space and I don't have to leave the yard to use it.

Have you thought about low-carb? When I counted calories I was always tired, but cutting out all the sugar and grains made me feel much better. It's been great for the grocery bill, too. Even though I eat meat almost exclusively we don't spend much on food anymore because there's no junk.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #4  
Awesome ;D

S/C/G: 202/195/116

Height: 5'2"

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with weight, we all need support every now and then. I've tried dieting a few times and didn't start seeing results until recently. I counted calories but was left hungry, so I started eating more fruit to fill me up but not pack on pounds. I love apples, berries, watermelon, etc. Make sure that you drink water and not soda or coffee drinks, because those are empty calories that won't fill you up. Run around the yard and play with the kids, or if you watch tv try to slip in some exercise during your favorite programs, every little bit of exercise burns calories. Best of luck to you!
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote