Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Red face Salutations new friends!

Hi!
I'm Shannon and I just joined this forum. I used to be a part of a forum when I was younger and have kind of been missing it lately.

What brings me to this particular forum is that I've just recently decided that it's time to lose weight. My boyfriend proposed back in July and our wedding is set for September 8, 2012! I hope to be down to the weight where I felt most comfortable with myself when I was younger. I've tried diet and exercise before but I think if it's going to work this time I need some sort of external support. My best friend and I are working out together, but she's kind of flakey and only shows up once a week or so, and my fiance just makes me feel worse because when he works out with me he drops weight like it's nothing! Don't get me wrong, he's VERY supportive and he says that even if I choose not to lose any weight he loves me for who I am and how I look.

But to be completely honest, what kick-started my weight loss was when I invited my old friend over to tell her I was getting married and I was going to ask her to be one of my bridesmaids- until she made a comment about how small the shower in my apartment was and that she was surprised that I "could even fit into that small shower". I was devastated. I mean, I have no blinders on and I know I'm not petite, but seriously? Telling someone that you're shocked they can fit into their shower is a really low blow. Needless to say I didn't ask her to be one of my bridesmaids. But I did dwell on it for a few weeks and decided that instead of letting it depress me, I would use it as fuel.

So, here I am. Actually trying to lose weight. Not totally for vanity, primarily for health, but who doesn't want to look and feel like they always imagined they would on their wedding day?

It's nice to e-meet you all, and I look forward to interacting with you!
-Shannon
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:38 AM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to 3FC! You can do this! Congrats on your engagement!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 AM   #3  

Thank you! This seems like a great place, I'm excited to become more involved!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Salutations to you!

Sorry your friend made that obtuse comment BUT! We're very happy to have you join us on your journey!

Best of wishes and hope to see you around the boards~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #5  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #6  

Lovely- She admitted, yesterday actually, that she said that because she was jealous. I told her it was inexcusable and that she wouldn't be a part of my wedding party. It was kind of difficult.

OhThePlaces- Thank you!