Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Default OK kids....

I'm trying to find another group of people with similar goals.

I'm in my late 20's, with about 25-30 pounds to lose. I would like to find people with similar amounts. Thanks!

Also, I'm vegan....so if any vegetarians or vegans wanna post, that would be great.
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Vaguely similar here! I'm 33, vegan, and halfway through losing 35lb. There are a surprising number of vegans floating around this forum, particularly in the Vegetarian Chicks subforum. This is useful when sometimes it feels like the rest of the world is on a low-carb, high-animal-foods diet. I'm doing calorie counting and a generally healthy diet, with lots of wholefoods and the odd bit of dark chocolate.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #3  

Fantastic! So happy to hear from you!

I had looked through the Vegetarian Chicks' threads, but (at least last time I checked) they didn't seem to be posting too often.

Have you been vegan for long? I was a vegetarian for 15 years, and am now transitioning.

I eat pretty healthy food more often than not. However, lately I have let my exercise regimen fall apart! I am seriously not sure how to get my motivation back, lol
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

It's one of the quieter forums, but if you post there people will pop up.

I turned vegetarian when I was 11 and vegan when I was 19, and I'm now 33. I transitioned a bit both times as well. When I turned vegan, a herbalist suggested that I try giving up dairy to see if I was lactose-intolerant. I did that for a while, realised that she was right, and decided that it was a good time to go the whole hog. That said, I didn't realise the problems with bee farming and continued to eat honey for a few years. Good cookbooks are particularly helpful, and they don't have to be vegan as long as they have a high proportion of vegan or vegan-adaptable recipes.

I started off in the "eating pretty healthy food more often than not" category as well, so it wasn't too alarming a shift to stick to healthy food full-time. Though judging by your very impressive stats you've been losing weight for a while?

Not a clue about exercising, I'm afraid, as I have severe ME/CFIDS and can't exercise. Does it help to jot it down somewhere, so that you can keep track as well as gazing proudly at what you've accomplished? If you're finding exercising boring, have you tried exercising for audiobooks? (I quilt to audiobooks.) It worked wonders for Stephen Fry, he walked all over London listening to books and lost 80lb or so.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #5  

It's wonderful that you went veg at such an early age.
For me, it was an animal rights' book that changed everything. How about you?

I have been losing weight for around 14 to 18 months now. I've only been lazy this summer, lol. We have moved, and my life was on hold and super stressful for a while. It's time to get back on the wagon.

I have not thought of audio books. Thanks for the suggestion! I am not so much bored once I get to the gym as I am lazy about getting in the car to go there, haha