Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Default Newbie introduction post

Hi, Everyone,
I an a newbie here. I found this site looking for new walking videos and decided to join.
I am looking for support and to support others. About 3 months ago, I decided to do something for myself and become more healthy in my exercise habits and my eating. I am a new vegetarian (unrelated to weight loss) and working to loose 100 lbs. I am am open to any yummy vegetarian recipes that you have to share.
I have been tracking my calories and my walking and have been doing pretty good alone but want the support and friendship of a community and a great place to ask for advice, share and celebrate victories and just hang out.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/177/132

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Hello, Madame. I'm new here as well. Cheers to us both for taking this step in finding support.

It looks like you're already making huge strides toward your goal, congratulations!

Also huge congratulations for taking the step toward being a vegetarian. It will go a long way toward helping with your weight-loss goal, even if that's not why you're doing it. I've been vegan for three years. If you have any questions or concerns about being vegetarian feel free to ask.
LiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Congratulations on making changes and taking steps towards your goals!

We're good for support, advice, a hug, or even a swift kick in the bum when we all need one. You might appreciate the 100 lb Club where there are a number of members aiming to lose about 100lbs or more.

There's also a Veggie section down under the Food Section at the bottom of the forums! There are a lot of good discussions and recipes.

Happy to have you join us and best of wishes on your journey!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Welcom to 3fc, hope you acheive all your goals and more!
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I've been a vegetarian for two years, and you would be surprised how easy it is to cut meat, once you get used to it. I used to LOVE it, believe me, but I don't even give it a second glance now. There're SO MANY alternatives!

Welcome.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Wow, thanks everyone for the welcome! It's nice to meet you all.
xxkalediscopic- I agree, it is easy to cut the meat and I really don't miss it at all.
Liquidsilver- one thing that seems hard for me trying to lose weight and not eating meat is eating out. It has been difficult for me to find places to eat that serve meat free low fat options. Any ideas?
Lovely- Thanks for the heads up about the veggie cooking section. I haven't discovered all this forum offers yet.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #8  
Need support

S/C/G: 248/248/120

Height: 5'3

Hello my fellow beauties!
I was researching "excess skin" and once again came across this site and figured, why not? So here I am. I've been starting diet's now for over a decade and in the meantime managed to almost completely withdraw from life! I decided if I don't make some significant progress by the end of the year I will have weight loss surgery. I WANT MY LIFE BACK! Quick summary: Once upon a time I was young and considered to be exceptionally beautiful. I always dressed "strategically" to hide the part of my body I hated which was EVERYTHING below my waist. At 120 I felt really good but my weight always seemed to end up back at 135. I wore xs in tops and an 8 in pants so my body was out of proportion but with the correct clothing I hid the difference which was easy to do with my TINY waist. At one point I made a decision to stop using a certain piece of equipment at the gym because I didn't want my waist to get any smaller! I felt that it only emphasized my larger hips and thighs. 15yrs ago I went in for a routine exam and a grapefruit sized cyst was discovered on my ovary. I had to have immediate surgery to remove it and turned out having extreme endometriosis. We decided to treat it with the most extreme form of treatment which was taking a medication that COMPLETELY cut off all my hormones, effectively throwing me into menopause as long as I was on the medication. I went into a very serious clinical depression and began gaining weight. Even when I went off the medication I was never the same! Since so much of my self worth came from my physical appearance there was NO WAY I would socialize with my beautiful friends anymore so as the years went by I became even more depressed and gained MORE weight! I WANT MY LIFE BACK so here I am. I'd appreciate all the support I can get!
Innerprincess is offline   Reply With Quote