Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #1  
Robin

S/C/G: 264/250/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Here we go

My name is Robin and I am 31 and from deep Southeast Texas. Today is the first day on the South Beach Diet. I was told from my OB/GYN after being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) that this would be the best thing to try. PCOS has made me gain so much weight and I am tired of it. I have NO energy and would rather sleep than anything else. I have a beautiful 13 month old niece that I would love to be able to keep up with and run and play with. Being able to keep up with her and possibly have kids are my main motivator. Plus, I just want to be healthy and be my old self again. I LOVE this site so far and can't wait to make new friends on here and share my journey with everyone. I do have one quesiton though.....does anyone know if you can use the Crystal Light water mix-ins on the South Beach Diet? I am going to have to go cold turkey on my Dr Pepper drinking and there are some of the mix-ins that have some caffeine so I figured they would help some with that. Good luck to everyone and let's get our weight off!!!
RobinP5380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #2  
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Welcome. =) Such a heartfelt story.
SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

There's a South Beach area where people might be able to better answer your South Beach specific questions.

There's also a PCOS area under Dieting with Obstacles. There's a 30-something's section. And just so many members around who want to support and encourage.

You can do this! Can't wait to get to know you on your journey.

Best of wishes!~
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #4  
Robin

S/C/G: 264/250/175

Thank you so much Lovely for the heads up about the PCOS forum. I can't wait to go check it out.
RobinP5380 is offline   Reply With Quote