Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2011, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/130/120

Height: 5 ft 4"

Unhappy Newbie doubting her will power when faced with grilled cheese

My name on here is Chooks because when I was around 3-6 I was a fairly chubby child and my older brother would call me the "Chookmonster". I'm not really sure why but all I know is that it had something to do with my weight ¬¬ And now, about 1.5 decades later, I am seeing a return of the dreaded "Chookmonster"! I train in musical theatre and you'd figure that since I spend about 16 hours of my week dancing that I'd be in pretty good shape, right? Wrong. 15 minutes into a session and I am practically on the floor asking for someone to take down my will. I'm surrounded by miss perfect size zeros who can probably lift up a car with one hand. Me, I feel more like the car. And whats worse is that now we're on break and I no longer get those 16 hours of cardio and it's even HARDER to lose the weight. I'm going to Spain in about 2 weeks and I NEED to kick at least 5 pounds off my fat *** and tone up or else I have a feeling that if I go to the beach then Greenpeace are gonna try and drag me back into the water. Alright so maybe I'm not hugely overweight but I am DYING over here! I'm a huge sucker for emotional eating, I have virtually NO support system (if anything my family are trying to sabotage me ¬¬) and if someone doesn't tell me to hang in there right now then I am going to dive into the kitchen head first and make about 50 grilled cheeses. Help!
Chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #2  

You are a healthy weight for your height.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there and welcome to 3FC

"HANG IN THERE RIGHT NOW!"

Sounds like what you need is not necessarily to watch the weight, but rather to watch the type of weight. After all, if that were mostly muscle there'd be no problem, you'd be quite fit!

You dance, so you're athletic already which is a huge deal. Now maybe what you need to do is start keeping track of your intake. Calorie counting is cheap, and easy. Or maybe you need to focus on the types of foods you're eating.

You also do a lot of cardio, but perhaps it's time to add in some strength training to build muscle up so those routines aren't completely kicking your bum every single time.

Check out the Featherweights area (for those who are starting at lighter weights or only have a few pounds to lose) for some support, but of course there are many areas around the boards. So post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/130/120

Height: 5 ft 4"

Thanks but that doesn't mean I couldn't be better! :P And I really don't have much stamina at all which is what I'm really looking for. I want to lower my body fat percentage and become more muscular cause in the industry I'm in that's what you need

Thanks Lovely! I'll do that

Last edited by Chooks; 06-27-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Have you tried weight training? It doesn't sound like you need to lose body fat. I agree with Lovely...what you see as fat is probably really muscle...the scale doesn't know the difference between the two.

Hang in there!
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote