Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/265/170

Height: 5'3

Default Hello!

So.....I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing. I'm looking for support and encouragement. I have recently lost 20lbs but I'm a terrible emotional eater. with that being said I have run into a very stressful situation in life, my fiance was recently diagnosed with end stage renal disease (ESRD). I am very afraid of gaining the weight back....i know i will... it's like i can't control myself or what goes in my mouth, everyone thinks I am being very strong and "wise beyond my years" (I'm only 23) when in fact I am eating every feeling i have. I don't really have a support system i can rely on without ridicule hopefully this can be a safe haven for me.

How do you guys deal with emotional eating?

<--CUTE!
BunnyButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your finance's health problems. Emotional eating seems to be something most of us have in common on this forum. I wish I had some great advice to overcoming this but I do not. I battle with night time eating and I am really working on eating healthier snacks at night and not keeping any cookies, chips etc around.
Best of luck!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/187.8/130

Height: 5' 1''

I'm so sorry to hear about your fiance. I think that the best thing you did was join this forum to talk about your worries. Maybe talking about things would curb your emotional eating. You might want to look into a support group associated with Renal Disease designed to help the loved ones of those afflicted. There might even be a forum of telephone number where you can call and people familiar with what you are facing could listen and help.

I wonder how much of a chance you are actually giving yourself when you wrote, "I am very afraid of gaining the weight back....i know i will."

Perhaps that might be a place to start. Say, "I refuse to gain it all back." and fight to keep all of your hard work in the 20 lb. weight loss.

I'm cheering for you. If you could get it off, even when you fiance was sick and undiagosed, you can keep it off now.

Oh! BTW...

Last edited by Jomo; 06-08-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry about your fiance girl!
I think the a lot of us on the site have this problem, emotionally overeating. I don't do it every day but probably around 2-3 times a week (especially weekends when I don't have classes or work). It throws me off my diet and discourages me from working out. My friend told me that I should do 20 push ups whenever I think about sweets/snacks when I don't need them... Or maybe sit ups, which ever you prefer. I hate both so I'm not really following up with the advice LOL
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #5  

Welcome to the forum!
I hope that you will reach your goals here...
ThinJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

There are plenty of emotional eaters here. Eating due to stress, sadness, loneliness, boredom, anger... we have to learn that hiding emotions behind food just isn't healthy. It isn't emotionally healthy, and by the extra weight it most certainly isn't physically healthy.

How to deal with it? Channel emotions through something instead of covering them up. It's okay to feel things. It's okay to journal or write about them. It's okay to talk to a friend about it. It's okay to draw, paint, play the piano, watch a show, take a walk, scream. It's okay to do anything ... anything besides eat our emotions.

More hugs for you during this difficult time.

I hope to see you around the boards.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote