Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm back for a little "fine tuning"

Hi girls,

It's been over a year since I have been to 3FC, and even then it was only to check in. About 2 years ago now, I hit my goal of losing 50 lbs - and I accomplished that with the help of a lot of the people here. It was a long journey (I had *always* been a "big girl" my whole life), and I created for myself a body that I had never seen before.

Funny thing was, once I started losing weight... it kind of kept coming off. Even when I didn't want it to anymore. I had gotten into the habit of working out so much that I dropped all the way down to 117 lbs without much resistance. And honestly... I had dropped too much. I truly am "big boned", and at 117 my ribs and shoulder blades stuck out and I just didn't look good. I realized that I'll always need to have a just a little extra on me to look my best. So I set about trying to let myself gain some weight back.

Well... now I've gained too much. I knew maintenance would be a give and take, but it has proved to be more of a challenge than I thought. Between a new job about a year and a half ago, and then the purchase of our house about 7 months ago, bad habits have started to creep in. Late night munching, lack of workouts, and sneaking candy from the office candy bowl. I weighed myself this morning and I officially hit that "uh-oh" mark that I had mentally put in place... a weight where I knew if I hit it, it was time to go back to 3FC and get back on track.

I don't need to lose all that much... 8 lbs will get me to the weight I felt the healthiest and looked the best at. But I'm back here because I need to readjust my whole perspective. I need to kick bad habits to the curb and get back to my old routines.

So I hope 3FC will accept me back for a little readjustment. I know how easy it is to let myself slip back into the old me... but I love my body and I don't want to lose all the progress I had made.

Here's looking forward to some summer progress! Off to work out on the elliptical before work...
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:24 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there =) I remember your name back a long time ago when I was under my original screen name... mostly because I saw your name and always thought "ChibiTsukinoUsagi".

Regardless! Welcome back and I hope you swiftly find the right level of maintenance for you =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #3  
Work in progress

haha, yes, that is where that screen name came from. As a kid I was a huge Sailor Moon fan, and this screen name has always stuck with me since.

What was your old screen name? I may remember it... I used to be here all the time and made many friends along the way.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

My favorite is still Sailor Jupiter

Faerie was the old name.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #5  
Work in progress

OMG Faerie!!! I thought it might be you! of course I remember you!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

To paraphrase Bob Seger:

If you need a fix --
You can come back, baby
3FC never forgets.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMoonRabbit View Post
OMG Faerie!!! I thought it might be you! of course I remember you!
Color me a little surprised. I know I used to chat a whole lot, but one of the reasons I made a new name was because I figured people wouldn't remember me anyways!

I mean either way, I'm happy to see you back and maintaining (even if you only need a little nudge) =)