Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5'5

Default Back in my Bikini, please!

Hi guys!
My name is Jordan, and I'm a 24 year old student from the Bay Area with some serious weight loss goals ahead of me! I stumbled upon this site while researching results for weight watchers, which I joined last Sunday. I've also been working out taking Bar Method classes about three times a week for the last month. I'm going to step it up to 4 times a week from now on as it really kicks my *** and I LOVE the endorphin rush!

What prompted me to get healthy is kind of a weird thing... I was around 145-150lbs my whole adult life, which I felt was a little heavy, but acceptable. In college I had a boyfriend who turned out to be a drug addict and I admit I got caught up in that scene myself for a couple of years down in LA where I went to school. As you can imagine I lost a ton of weight during that stage, and I loved it. As soon as I decided to quit that lifestyle the weight just seemed to grow and grow and I was my absolute highest weight of 197 last week.

So here I am. I need all of the help that I can get, because I do not want to get back to unhealthy living. I had bouts of E.D. throughout high school, I was a debutante and had high expectations set on me by my parents. I want to do this the RIGHT HEALTHY way, and keep it off. I'm stoked that I lost 6lbs this week with weight watchers and bar method, so hopefully that continues, but if anyone has any hints or tips or suggestions please let me know. I hope I can meet some strong women in here who are going through this journey as I am!

ROCK ON!

<3 Jordan
BabyGotBack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/ see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I was 5'6" and 199 when I started 5 weeks ago so I'm kinda close to where you in starting goals. I do a diet my nutritionist friend designed for me. based on the glycimic index and keeping my blood sugar stable. I eat 6 times a day at around 200 calories each meal. Mostly I eat a ton of veggies, fruit, and protein. I eat lower carb. But more like healthy limited carbs. I can eat oatmeal or sweet potatoes and dairy but can't get within 5 feet of starchy cheep white bread haha. I cut out the sugar and just eat healthy basically. I've lost 24 lbs in 5 weeks and loving it! Everyone finds there own nitch and what works best for them by hearing what works for others and then creating what works for them. My biggest advice is to NOT starve yourself! I was doing 700 calories a day trying to diet when I told my friend and he wanted to kill me. He explained that I was killing my metabolism and eating all the muscle in my body. Loosing muscle just makes post diet weight gain all the faster because muscle eats fat.
Dog Rescue Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5'5

OMG That is AMAZING! I cannot believe the idea of losing 24 lbs in 5 weeks! I am so impressed and hopeful! I admit I do not eat perfectly, but certainly FAR better than I ever did before. Carbs are my downfall for sure, so that will definitely be an adjustment but I'm going to do the best I can. I had not been working out at all so I think the combination of eating right and working out is going to be great. I also understand that muscle weighs more than fat, and my class is about building lean muscle so I may initially gain weight. I am totally pumped after reading about your experience. I highly doubt in five weeks that I will have had that amount of success, but I now know that it is possible. Amazing! I'm really happy for you.

btw, where can I make a little tracker like yours with the yin yang?
BabyGotBack123 is offline   Reply With Quote