Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 322/286.5/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Hellooooo peopleeee

This is the last straw. I'm my heaviest right now, and I can't deal with it anymore. I've always been a big girl, I've just never cared that much. But yesterday, everything sort of came crashing down around me.

No one has ever called me fat, or at least to my face or to a person that would tell me. I've called myself fat, mostly because I really really hate the word obese (it sounds dirty ack), and fat is just one of those words that never effected me. That is, of course, until yesterday. I'm not going to tell the whole story, but basically a woman that I work with could only find the word "fat" to describe me to my supervisor, who then came and told me. I was able to control myself until I got home from work, when I cried for half an hour. My boyfriend likes to tell me that I'm not fat, and I'm glad I have someone who loves me no matter what, but I'm not happy with myself and I'm sick of being tired all the time.

2 years ago, while I was home from college for the summer, I lost 20 lbs while doing Weight Watchers and I felt amazing about myself. Well, now my best friend is getting married in October, and I'm a bridesmaid. I'm also getting an apartment for fall semester, so I'll be able to eat healthier than college caf food. I'm joining Weight Watchers again, and sticking to it until I lose 100 lbs. I'm going to ride my bike to meeting, and walk my dog every day after work. I've also started planning meals for the summer.

I need all the support I can get!
tweetspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/147/135

Height: 5'2''

Welcome! I can totally relate to the challenges of losing weight while in college. It's good that you're moving into an apartment and getting away from the college food. I know that helped me a ton.

Sorry about your coworker. People can be so cruel sometimes without necessarily even meaning to be, but try not to let it bother you. You're in this for you!!! You have a great attitude starting out, and I wish you the best of luck!
Jeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

We have a great and active Weight Watchers forum here. We also have a forum for those with starting weights over 300 pounds, and in the 20-somethings forum, some people just started a group facing weight loss in college. So look at those for sure!

Stick around and keep posting. You can absolutely do this, especially with the wonderful support of a place like this.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I’m sorry but was it really necessary for your supervisor to tell you that your coworker described you as fat? I don’t know who is more insensitive…your coworker or your supervisor. Sheesh!

BUT – I am glad you are using that experience to get healthier instead of hiding under the covers with a box of donuts like I used to do. I had a similar experience over Christmas and it was basically the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. I never looked back. Just keep remembering how wonderful you felt about yourself when you lost 20 pounds a couple years ago. I have no doubt you’ll be as successful now as you were then. And then some! And I am happy you have a supportive boyfriend too. He sounds like a keeper!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote