Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #1  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Default Hello

My name is Lynn. I weigh 342 lbs and I needed a place for moral support on this journey I NEED to take in my life. I have several medical problems due to my being severely obese. I was just diagnosed as pre diabetic last week and this has thrown me through a loop. I have decided to lose weight because my life is in danger. I have to have open heart surgery sometime in the future due to a condition I have had since I was born. I am married with two furbabies. One baby is a german shepherd mix; he is 3 years old and very fiesty. His name is Bullet. My other baby is a dwarf hotot (rabbit); he is going on 8 years old and his name is FuFu.

I am married to a wonderful man. Recently he has become my life saver because he has helped me lose the 26lbs that I have lost. He to is morbidly obese and we are trying to lose weight together.

So hello everyone!!!
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Lynn, welcome to 3FC! I hope your hubby joins as well because there is a wonderful message board for the boys. :-)

I know getting started can seem very daunting but I can tell from your post that you are very motivated to do this! And congrats on your 26 lb weight loss so far, that is GREAT!

And I have a feeling that Bullet will be going on quite a few walks when the weather gets nicer! *wink*
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #3  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Hi Lynn, welcome to 3FC! I hope your hubby joins as well because there is a wonderful message board for the boys. :-)

I know getting started can seem very daunting but I can tell from your post that you are very motivated to do this! And congrats on your 26 lb weight loss so far, that is GREAT!

And I have a feeling that Bullet will be going on quite a few walks when the weather gets nicer! *wink*
oh yes I can't wait for the nicer weather. I Have cabin fever so bad its sad.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #4  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Lynn! That's great that you and your hubby will be embarking on this journey together, the moral support you will each get from that is so important. Congratulations on the 26lb loss, that's an awesome start!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #5  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
Hi Lynn! That's great that you and your hubby will be embarking on this journey together, the moral support you will each get from that is so important. Congratulations on the 26lb loss, that's an awesome start!

thanks He swears that I am transfering weight to him. He has gained I have lost. But I am trying to motivate him.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I think the hardest step is the first, and you have obviously gotten through it. Having your husband along will help. Have him plan meals, exercises, etc. As you continue to lose, your physical problems will gradually lower, and that will motivate you to continue.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #7  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Hi Lynn!

Welcome. This is a great place for support. I understand how you feel about the whole diabetic stuff. I was diagnosed as a type 2 not long ago and went through a bit of a shock and not sure what to do stage..but i took a day, got over my shot..started checking my blood sugars 6 times a day, started south beach and saw a huge improvement in my blood sugar levels. And i found out that even though im diabetic, i can still enjoy food and enjoy life and lose weight..I wish you the best of luck and have fun venturing out into new recipes and a new lifestyle!
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #8  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
thanks He swears that I am transfering weight to him. He has gained I have lost. But I am trying to motivate him.
Lol @ the weight transfer Tell him you're getting a head start since men are able to lose weight so much easier once they get going! Are you following a particular eating plan? Or are you just taking it a step at a time as yet?
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Lynnie! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I'd also like to know if you're following a particular diet plan. As you can see, there is a forum for practically every kind, so you can get so much support and information for whatever it is.
Fizziecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #10  
Divine

I am following the diabetic diet. I have used it before and lost weight so with my being diagnosed as pre diabetic I have decided on that.