Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #1  

Red face New here, need to get back into shape!

Evening,

My name is Stephanie from Charlotte, North Carolina and I am in the process of trying to get in better shape. I used to be in excellent shape all through high school. I stayed around 120/125lbs but ran cross country, track, swim team, you name it I was probably on it at some point. I did martial arts and cardio kickboxing 4 X a week. Loved how I felt.

Well, since meeting the love of my life and starting to settle down I admit i've let it slip! At the beginning of the year I weighed 181lbs, my highest weight ever. That day I got up, got a gym membership, went shopping for healthy food and have been hooked ever since. I've already lost about 10lbs mostly doing cardio. I started out just doing some jogging and a few weight training sessions but have gradually increased to 3 spinning classes a week and 4 sessions on the treadmill a week. I at the very least, even on rest days, walk 2 miles a day! I have 4 dogs and when I get off work I take all 4 for a 2 mile walk in my neighborhood.

I also have both Insanity and P90X and use them when the weather is too cold to go outside. I love most of the DVDs and I try to do Ab Ribber X 4 X a week.

My goal is getting back to 120lbs. However, I am also engaged and have a wedding coming up! My wedding is in November and of course who doesn't want to look fabulous in a wedding dress? I know I do! So, i'm hoping to lose most of the weight before then..although I plan on KEEPING it off and making this a lifestyle change!

Although I wont deny that after that wedding I am going to sit down with some buffalo wings and totally enjoy myself as a nice reward. It's my favorite food in the world and incredibly unhealthy, but a reward would be nice!

My fiance is incredibly supportive. He's trying to lose some weight too although not as much. He mostly would like to see some muscle tone. He started at 160 and has dropped down to 153. So we are both doing really well!

I also love to bake. I allow myself to bake on Saturday and i'm allowed to eat some of whatever I make and I give the rest away. This has really made coworkers and neighbors absolutely love me. I feel good about doing something nice for people and it allows me to still enjoy my home baked goods without eating TOO MUCH of them!

Anyway, thanks for having me here! Hope to meet some new friends and perhaps swap stories. I hope to be brave enough and successful enough to eventually post before and after photos of some sort!
Rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

WelcomeStephanie , Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote