Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Red face Hola from Kentucky!

27 Year old female from Kentucky here! I've lurked on this website for a while before I decided to go ahead && join. I love the positivity I see on the site & that ultimately led me to join.

I've never attempted weight loss before [this would be obvious if you saw me lol] .. & Ive never had a problem with confidence, health, or relationships at all as far as my weight goes. I've always been pretty happy; mostly because of my family, & all the love in my life. It never really occurred to me until last year around the holidays that I need to lose weight!

The "icing on the cake" came when my brother told me that his girlfriend is pregnant with a girl. She will be my first niece, & I will be an aunt for the first time. This has brought along my desire to lose weight more than anything. I don't want to be the "fat auntie" & I don't want my weight to hinder me from having fun with & spoiling my little niece, who is due to come out June 19th of this year.

I have a long way to go, & a LOT of weight to lose, but one good thing about me is I usually get what I want & achieve what I set out to do. I am completely determined! I started cutting back on February 10th & today I had already lost 13 lbs.

Any kind of tips would do me well. I am New to weight loss, calorie counting, etc. I'd just like to be pointed in the right direction.
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #2  
I am Anti-Fat

S/C/G: 364/361/170

Height: 5' 7"

First, I want to congratulate you for being here and being a loser (weight that is) Second congrats to be on your niece in June. One thing I have learned to do and tell everyone is to stay away from the scale. It will drive you crazy. Once.every 2 weeks to weigh should be enough. And remember muscle weighs more than fat.
fawnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Hi,

Welcome and well done on your weight loss so far!
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #4  

Thanks for the tips on the scale. It has already driven me crazy! I read so many articles & most people say "weigh yourself daily; face the facts" .. LOL .. I can't do that. Right now I'm down to weighing once a week, on Saturdays.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #5  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by P H A T View Post
Thanks for the tips on the scale. It has already driven me crazy! I read so many articles & most people say "weigh yourself daily; face the facts" .. LOL .. I can't do that. Right now I'm down to weighing once a week, on Saturdays.
First, !

People have different feelings about the scale. Some love to weigh everyday, some every month, some never. I also weigh weekly. Daily would be too much - it just makes me crazy.

I wish you all the success in the world! Check out the forums, there is GREAT stuff here!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #7  

Thank you. I'm in the process of calculating a few mini goals for myself.. I will certainly try to join a group this week!