Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #1  
TLK

Default Greetings to you

I am a newbie here at 3FC. My DD sent me over. I'm 54, and spent three years taking care of my DH after he had a series of strokes. He passed away about two years ago, and I'm finally to the place where I feel like I can really start taking care of myself again. I'm starting South Beach - I had used it years ago, and it really changed my eating habits. But that was before everything else... so I'm going back to it. I'm just on Day 3 but have found it really tough. I have no hunger at all, but the emotional cravings are intense. I've also started doing the Couch25K system to get myself exercising again.
I'm blessed to have a supportive DD who has lost 30 pounds on SB, and is encouraging me. I also have a great son, DIL and 1 year old grandson, but they don't live around here.
I'm looking forward to meeting many of you. I hope I can help you out along the way, as I'm sure being here will help me. (I plan on posting on the SB forum next.)
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi TLK!

I'm sorry about your husband; family medical problems can be tremendously trying. It's great that you've made the decision to get back in shape, though. Good luck!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote