Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/220/175

Height: 5'3

I have been eating Special K red berries for breakfast almost everyday ( its sooooo yummy ) ... I just wondered if maybe I shouldnt be eating all the carbs but its healthy . I dont know , I guess its just gonna be lots of trial and error for a while .

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and I weighed myself in front of him on January 1st .... He doesnt care what the numbers say and we are supposed to be doing this together . But he doesnt seem nearly as commited as I am AND he seems to eat double what I am eating and can still lose the same weight GGRRRRRR that is frustrating ...

Are you working out ?? I have the Zumba workout dvds and have been doing those ... I really need to join a gym or a class or something though ... I think it makes me work harder when I go do it with others !
beautifulwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/217/140

Height: 5'6

Yea, mine is supposedly dieting with me. HE however, can lose 10 pounds a week by eating big macs... did I mention I hate men? lol

Yea, i'm working out. Admittedly not as much as I should, but I work 32 hours a week and go to school for 15. Usually I walk (and try to jog a little) and have down this Jilliam Michaels dvd with a friend a few times, haha. Zumba was so much fun the few times I've went! Gyms are so much easier with a partner too, and I know what you mean about it helping.
abracadabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/160/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulwreck View Post
Hello Everyone ...
I am thirty year old single mom with three kids who is returning to school myself in a few weeks to become a nurse . I started my new healthier way of eating on January 1st ( Im not calling it a diet because I know that if I want to lose weight and maintain it I must become healthier and remain that way ) . I am eating better than I ever have but have only lost 6 pounds this month so far which I know is still a loss but doesnt feel like alot to me . I guess I am an instant gratifacation kind of girl and I know this is not going to be an instant kind of thing . I was down to 200 pounds last year but then I started slacking on the healthy eating and it became easy to just slide right back to 225 which is where I was on Jan 1st . I now weigh 220 . I am looking for some supportive buddies to join in this . Hopefully with enough willpower and support I can finally get to my goal weight which is 175 ( 50 pounds seemed like a wonderful first goal to me ) ! ! ! Hope to hear from some girls like me who want to change thier lives : )

Welcome, welcome! I'm pretty new here too, and it's wonderful! I wish you the best of luck, I'm rooting for you! :-)
happenstance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 PM   #19  
fat girl

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'8"

hi just joined today and just starting my weight loss "tryout" for about the hundreth time! everybody says practice makes perfect if thats the way it goes i must be an expert at weightloss! ive been on every diet from atkins to slimfast and nothing has worked yet. i'm also one of those that wishes for overnight success but know that is not the way life goes. i do try to tell myself that it took more thaan one day to reach my weight of 240 lbs and it will take more than one day to reach my goal weight of 175 lbs. though it is hard when you live in a little travel trailer because you can't find a place you can afford to rent. my eating habits are not the greatest but i try. i used to go through about a 6 pack of soda a day now im down to 2 cans and trying to drink more water but so far can only get down 1.5 16.9 oz bottles. would help if it had more flavor! space is so limited in my home i cant buy alot of veggies. i dont care for exercise much probably cuz it was forced on me by a health crazed mother! to her no fat, surgar, bread, juice nothing with flavor. every day when i was home from school it was 2 to3 hours of aerobics a day! dad was lucky he worked alot! bit now that im older (will be 31...uggggg in june!) im tired of being so big i can say that i wear between a 14 and 18 in jeans but that depends on how they're made. i know im taking up alot of evryones.time but i need some support and a few good buddies!
fatgirlinmoseslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:22 PM   #20  
fat girl

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'8"

new here today too looking for some support and buddies
fatgirlinmoseslake is offline   Reply With Quote