Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/180/160

Height: 5'7"

Default First diet ever...

Well, that's not exactly true, but my previous ones were in high school deciding to eat only salad for lunch and then binging when I got home, in college subconsciously not eating or under eating for long periods of time because of stress, and the brief period where meat made me sick so technically I was a vegetarian.

I hated food until I was about 21, then suddenly was always hungry and ate junk because I didn't know how to cook (only eating in dining halls or my mom's cooking). I have really bad eating habits, like not eating until 9pm and then eating half a pizza and a pint of Ben and Jerry's. I speed eat and binge a lot, making my metabolism go crazy. I'm still not a huge fan of food, but when I'm hungry everything tastes like the BEST THING EVER.

Because I don't cook and have a tendency to quit things if they aren't easy, I didn't start any of the diets that I've read about. But I recently bought the 4-Hour Body book which has the Slow Carb diet with 5 rules: 1. Avoid White Carbs; 2. Eat the same thing over and over: Protein, Vegetables and Beans; 3. Don't drink calories (drink water!); 4. Eat within 1 hour of rising and then every 4 hours; 5. Take one day off a week and go nuts.

I started it yesterday, and it's pretty easy so far -- I had cravings for chocolate and candy, which are vices of mine, yesterday, but then again I did start mid-PMS. I'm also not giving up diet sodas (though I'll cut back some) because I'm addicted, but I'll drink lots of water as well.

The thing that I like is rule number 2, which entails me eating canned black beans, frozen vegetables and a protein (egg whites, chicken breast, etc) over and over, which are so easy to make. If I didn't get sick of eating the same meal from McDonalds over and over, then I think I can handle this diet. I can tweak it as I go, of course, and once I'm going into the transition phase, I'll probably go into a Paleo diet for good. And finally learn how to cook.

I haven't started exercising, which, yes I know, is an important part of weight loss as well. But I'm lazy and trying a little at a time. I've decided that when I get under 190 and have made it through 2 weeks of the diet without breaking down, I'll buy a kettle ball. Meanwhile, I'm going to drag the dog out for more walks and go on some by myself on the walking path 2 minutes from my apartment. I'm hoping to psych myself up for a C25k program, but I know that if I take on too much right away, I'll crash and burn, so I'm going slow with this. I would rather run with other people but am too shy/nervous about it at the moment.

Right now I'm at 195 lbs... which is down from 198 three days ago, but it was on a different scale and, again, PMS (bloating and water retention). But I'm pretending that I did lose that and will use 198 as a measurement (yay 3 pounds!)

Weight: 195lbs; Height: 5'7"
Pant size: 14; Shirt size: L-XL;
Waist: 36", Hips: 46", Neck: 14", Wrist: 7", Forearm: 14";
Goal: 145, with mini goals of dropping pant sizes and 160lbs, which may become my final goal if I'm happy with myself at that point.

Go me!
carojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hello

It's great that you joined us and you seem to have a vibrant personality! Please browse around and get your "hands" on all the resources 3FC has to offer. We are all here for similar reasons and support each other as much as we can
Good luck and stay positive. And, of course, don't give up!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:55 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

We have a paleo group that's very active, so you might want to check that out. There are also groups by age range, etc, so jump on in wherever you're comfortable.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote