Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/275/220

Height: 5'9

Default beginning the raw food diet

hello!

i am obese at 275lbs. in october i stuck to the raw food diet pretty closely, and i lost about 20 lbs, and i felt AMAZING. my skin was great, and i had a ton of energy even though i was sleeping less. i also got rid of this bloat that i never knew i had, i always thought it was just how my body was.

but my diet sort of got derailed after i had to go home several times in november and december for the holidays. it was hard to stay strict when no one else in my family ate any raw vegetables or fruit. i ate whatever was offered to me, including pasta almost every day, so i pretty much gained back the 20lbs i lost. but now that i am back in my own apartment, i'm ready to incorporate more raw foods into my diet.

is anyone else a raw vegan? i've been getting most of my recipes from blogs and communities like goneraw, but i'm always looking for more variety.

are there others in the nyc area who would like an exercise partner? i've always wanted to try out a regular walking/running regime, but i'm a little too self conscious to do it alone.

anyway, i'm excited to get more involved, and i wish everyone good luck with their goals! you can do it
melissa26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hi Melissa, and happy new year!

I've had raw "spurts" over the past several years. I used a lot of its elements to craft my own plan, but didn't find it necessary to go totally raw to get me where I needed to go. I do find it very fascinating!

Good luck on your raw journey I know there are a few raw foodies around, but not many. Either way, this is a great place to find support no matter what your method. Hope you stick around!

Last edited by junebug41; 01-02-2011 at 12:51 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/254/190

Height: 5'9

Hey Melissa. I actually to lost about 20lbs and was feeling great as well, but with losing my brother and almost my mother at the same time,I honestly had no me time. I currently weight at 268, the highest I have ever weighed in my life. I'm not planing on losing weight by doing strict raw foods but I'm going to do calorie counting, whatever works for you as a person. I was reading your message and feel the same way about the gym, I mean the gym where I go to is the "judge free zone" I still am very conscious as well. So I was planning on doing it slowly. I am going to go for a nice hour walk with my family since today is nice out...it's not in the teens I mean. So if you want I could be an exercise partner if you want.
ajs29255 is offline   Reply With Quote