Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/191/145

Height: 5'5''

Talking new girl!

hello everyone,
my name is jenni and i just stumbled across this site but everyone seems really friendly and supportive of eachother. ive been doin alot of research on how to lose weight and looking for more support but no luck . i am 5'5'' 190lbs i do workout atleast 3x times a week im a healthy eater but it just wont go away. i feel like ive tried everything. apparently to me diet and excercise is not the only way. ive hired personal trainers work my butt off for 6 month and lost only 4 lbs wat the ****!?!.. i think i need lipo lol...but anyway does anyone else have the same problem? please help
jhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!
Just as people come in all shapes and sizes ... weight loss comes in all shapes and sizes too.
Read lots! Read the success stories. Find some folks that you can identify with. Search the recipes for foods you like.
There's something out there for you and we can help you find it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/211.5/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm no expert, but if you are eating well and exercising but not losing weight, have you thought about having your vitamin or hormone levels checked? I don't know if you ever watched The Biggest Loser, but a few years ago, there was a lovely girl not dropping weight and it turned out her hormones (or something like that) were out of whack. Once she got that corrected, the weight started coming off.

Good luck, though! And remember, it should be about health rather than just weight.
amanda2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #4  

yea i have thought maybe i should do that but do i just go to a regular dr for that or a weight loss clinic? ill look into it but thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #5  

has anyone tried like weight watchers or lindora anything like that? were they helpful or just a rip off ?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Weight Watchers is tried and true, helpful and supportive.
Here's a link to the threads here ...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

I experienced a similar situation through-out my life. The whole calorie counting and exercise route just never seemed to result in any appreciable weight loss for me. What did work for me was serious low-carbing (in my case, the Atkins diet).

I'm not a biochemist but have been trying to research this whole phenomenon but I truly believe that some of us just cannot metabolize sugar properly (as compared to others) and for us, unless we seriously restrict carbs, no amount of calorie-counting will work.

I'm not saying that this is what you have....just mentioning this as a possibility you could consider. The main reasons that the low carbing worked so well for me were that 1) I actually lost some serious weight and 2) I was not constantly hungry like I was on all the calorie-counting diets.

There are many here who have had huge success with calorie counting and/or serious exercising. My exercise of choice has always been walking....but I do it for health...not for weight-loss. The key to my success has been low-carbing. Nothing else seemed to give me results and believe me, I tried them all.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #8  

Really?wow ok thanks its nice to know im not a freak or crazy.