Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hi! Very excited to have found this board.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the boards, obviously. I used to be thin (around 120-125 lbs) but I hated my body. I was always watching my weight and trying to find new ways to lose more weight and tone up. Everyone else in my family was overweight, and I didn't want to be like them. Then, when I got pregnant, I took the whole "eating for two" thing literally. I was living in a new city away from family, and I was kind of lonely, so food became this comforting, happy ritual. My days revolved around planning the next great meal. I gained 50 lbs while pregnant.

That opened the floodgates, and in the past ten years I've yo-yoed up and down. I'm a compulsive overeater (or a binge eater - I don't quite understand the difference.) My weight has impacted everything in my life. It has stopped me from having friends or pursuing more lucrative career options. I always tell myself that I'll start sending out resumes again (or take that trip, or go out with a friend, etc.) when I've lost at least ten pounds.

My goal is to lose weight and stop hiding behind my weight. I'd like to lose at least 50 lbs, but right now I need to get past the first 10 lbs. I have done well on Atkins in the past, so I started it again today.

Thanks for reading!
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey Sasha29

It's funny that you say you used the "eating for two" because I always told myself that when I become pregnant, I will do the same! The reason I am dieting right now is to be healthy so that my husband and I can start planning for our first child. I figure if I work hard to get healthy, I won't have that same mentality anymore.

I hope that you push yourself to do your best, because you can and will as long as you stick with it.

Good luck
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203.6 / 200.8 / 115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha328 View Post
Hey Sasha29

It's funny that you say you used the "eating for two" because I always told myself that when I become pregnant, I will do the same! The reason I am dieting right now is to be healthy so that my husband and I can start planning for our first child. I figure if I work hard to get healthy, I won't have that same mentality anymore.

I hope that you push yourself to do your best, because you can and will as long as you stick with it.

Good luck
Thanks! And good luck to you, too! Back when I was pregnant, my doctor said not to "eat for two" but just eat an extra 400 calories. I think I ate much more than that. I craved chocolate milkshakes, so that should tell you something right there! My son was absolutely worth it, though!
Sasha29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/181/130

Height: 5' 3or4"

I want to lose weight so one day I can have a kid and not feel bad for getting back to what I'm at right now while I'm pregnant, lol. Plus, I want to be able to have a baby one day and where I'm at now from what I've read is that it's harder to get pregnant when you're overweight (and not good for the baby overall). I know I won't be having a baby for a few years yet, lol...my boyfriend and I have to get jobs and move out of my folks' place first (which isn't looking so hot since his seasonal job won't be carried over to full/part time due to Target not hiring any of their seasonal employees at the store he works at this year - supposedly). But we'll get through it and maybe by then I'll loose a few (if not more) pounds. Good luck!
GiggleGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote