Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #1  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Default I'm new and always welcome ideas & suggestions

Hi everyone,

Well I'm finally going to post. I started my weight loss journed almost 3 months ago. All my life I've always been skinny (never weighed over 140, sorry but that was me) I was a firefighter (yup, I'm a girl) and had an accident at work and ended up non-weight bearing for 8 months. UGH!! Needless to say I gained 60 lbs in 6 months. Both devastating physically & even more mentally. It's been almost 10 years now and I'm sick and tired of being fat, feeling sorry for myself (poor, poor me) SOoooooooooo, I'm going back to the way I used to eat and move.

Smallish meals 5-6 times a day, higher protein, more veggies, lower or better quality carbs (whole grain foods).

My new philosophy is "MOVE MORE, EAT LESS" (of course this is more like, make better choices in what I eat) and "ONE POUND LOST IS 4 STICKS OF BUTTER" Think about it, if you lose 5 pounds, that's 20, yes TWENTY sticks of butter, that's a LOT of fat!!

I only weigh myself once a month because I think I would become obsessed with that darn scale. I am getting ready to weigh in on Monday, I hope to be under 180, but will take whatever the scale reveals.

OK, I need to quick yakking, as you can see I am quite wordy and probably could write a short story for my intro, (OK, maybe I already did) anyway I'm looking for a good board to join and some info on diet/vitamins and feeling exhausted, not muscle ache, but pure inundated EXHAUSTION.

Anyway, I'll be glad to get to know all of you on this AMAZING journey.

So, move more, eat less, make good choices and DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP IF YOU'RE NOT PERFECT. (none of us are)

LOL, if you've read this far, you can add it to your "Books I've read"

Have a great day!!

Diane
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

welcome ... sound like you have a great plan.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #4  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi! Welcome to 3FC! I love your motto's! Good luck!
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Welcome Diane!

3fcs is a great place. I jump around here to various boards even those that don't quite fit me because I learn something here from everyone. This place is great for accountability and motivation.

You sound very excited!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #6  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you all for your kind words and support. Any thoughts of a good group to join. I think I need motivation from time to time (as we all do) that's why I'm here and I need someone to get of my back side and playing poor, poor me. BUT I also would like to help others, if I can ????

Any thoughts??? Thanks

diane
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

There is a nice group of supportive people under weightloss supprt/ December Accountability...
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote