Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #1  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile hello! Will you please help me make this work?

Okay, I can do this. Today is the first day of my recommitment to make this work (And my second day on the forum). I have a friend with a slight heart problem, and her doctor wanted her to get out and excersize, so for the last month and a half or so, we have been going to the gym together, 3 times a week. She joined my gym, so it was a nice kick in the butt to actually get me to go. We hit the eliptical for 28 minutes, plus a cool down of 5 minutes, then hit some circuit training. We have a log, and have been tracking our weights, and reps, etc. Her doctor is very proud of her. I on the other hand have not been doing much more than that, and if you look at my logs, in that month and a half, I have actually gained a pound or two (Not bad considering that included Thanksgiving, but still not what I had hoped for). I know, I know... It's the food that matters, and I aim to fix that.

Today I broke out a beautiful journal that I had been saving for something important (It just seems too pretty to write in), and logged what I ate, measuring everything, and logging calories.

I ate what I feel is a very healthy breakfast, a homemade breakfast burrito consisting of one whole wheat tortilla, 1/2 cup (homemade with very little vegetable oil) refried beans, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, 1 egg, scrambled with a spritz of Pam, and 1 T of salsa. I calculated that to be 481 calories. I know that canned refried beans is made with lard, and since that is the calorie count I used for my estimate, I am really a little below that right? I also have 30 calories in my daily vitamin regimin, so 511 calories for breakfast.

Lunch I fell of the wagon a bit, our roommate brought home left over pizza, so I had two slices (I'd normally have more, but I was trying to be logical), then about an hour later when I was hungry again, I had 1/2 cup of madarin orange slices, which according to the package was 80 calories. The pizza I estimated at 400 calories for the two slices, though I am not sure how anyone can give a calorie estimate for pizza since it always varies by how it's made. The online estimate was 180 something a slice, so I rounded up, but maybe not enough. Anyway, it obviously didn't fill me up since I went back for the oranges so soon... Oh well, live and learn, then get healthy!

For dinner, I am making baked breaded cod (It's yummy, has parmesan cheese in the breading, but just a tad), with a hearty side of steamed veggies. I calculated that the cod would have 248 calories, ane according to the package (green giant steamed veggies) is 40 calories per serving (3 servings per bag, so if I split it between my fiance and I, that is 60 calories each. I think the dinner is looking pretty good.

Saturday, my gym buddy, my fiance and I are attending a class at the gym on eating healthy, appropriate diet choices, calorie intake for our BMI, etc, as well as pointers for working out. I know that it is mostly an individual issue, meaning each person work differently, so I'll take what I learn Saturday objectively, BUT I am looking forward to learning things about me, and I am excited that I have two people in my corner to help hold me responsible.

The thing is, I've been this committed before. It lasted a while, I lost half of the weight I wanted to lose, then life got crazy, and it all came back. Part of the problem is I was trying to follow a menu plan from a diet or work out plan (Alli, then P90x), and the food, while completely healthy was sometimes difficult to prepare, and always a little pricy, which while my fiance was working steady the price was no issue, but the time was, now that he's home more to help, the money's just not there to spend all that each week, so it's back to boxed dinners, etc. I know I don't need to spend that much on groceries to eat healthy, I just need to figure out a plan that works for me.

So, with all that said, anyone want to be my friend? I need to be accountable!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/295/120

Height: 5'6

hey, how are you? I would love to be your friend. Im starting over aswell. its really hard but I really had enough with being overweight. you can email anytime at aim radvegan25 looking forward from hearing from you. Stay strong and positive!
suchalovelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #3  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi! I don't have aim, but I added you ot my buddy list!

I did the math, and over the last 5 years, I have gained 30 lb. That means if I continue at this rate, in a decade I'd be up another 60... I can't let that happen, LOL. Plus they say the older you get the harder it is to lose weight, and I htink it is hard enough right now, so I want to get it off for good!

Good luck to you in your journey, it looks like you're doing pretty good so far! Keep it up! I like that we're both the same height, I'm not sure why, LOL.

I'll keep you posted if you keep me posted!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote