Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/166/140

Height: 5 ft 8

Default B*tch PLEASE!! This is ridiculous, no excuses, I have to change.

Hello All,

The curse word got your attention, right?

I really cant get any lower at this point. My life is a nightmare on every level and it seems that my weight factors into all of my problems. Mirrors suck, literally and figuratively. Time to sort myself out. I have no options and I cant feel any lower about myself than I do now, so here goes...reaching out to strangers for help.

So basic details about me married, 30, 5'8, currently 235, hit a high of 252 a few years ago, got it down to 205, gained most of it back when life exploded. I have a large build (I mean really I could play linebacker, but I suppose that is an assumption because I have been fat all my life so I don't really know what I would look like thin). Difficult upbringing, hence emotional eating. Currently live aboard in the developing world, so access to diet goods is extremely limited. Post graduate degree, current writer/office monkey trying to figure out professional realm. My mother recently lost 90lbs and while I love her dearly, I am of the opinion that proselytizing amongst former fat people is worse than amongst recovered drug addicts...however, I want to be part of the former fat club, so preach on brothers and sisters!

So I have decided that I need to do a cleanse, starvation, introductory diet phase...whatever the PC lingo it these days. So here we go...Day one below couldn't quite get down to all liquids but whatever trying...

2 egg whites for breakfast
tea/coffee
1 protein shake
2 large 1.5 liter waters with lemon
3oz chicken breast at 9pm...not necessary emotional eating

So that is me, and that is the plan, I would dearly appreciate support and advise. Dont mistake my tone or language for an attitude, I need all the help and advice I can get.

Cheers!
slayrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:35 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I love the idea of Former Fat Club!!!

Why the starvation days? And for how long?

To me, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. I Know you said you wanted support - but that comment is Meant to be support ~ of course we can all only speak from our own pov, experience, personality but in my pov, exp and pers even 1 day of eating as ridiculously low as that would lead to an instant binge. If you know this doesn't do this to you, then fine.

I started high too - 242 at 5'2" makes me roughly the shape of a football for your linebacker (I'm a Brit, so hoping that linebacker has something to do with football......), the queen of emotional eating. The queen of dieting too, often very successfully, just a failure at maintaining. When I re-re-re-re(so many re's) started, it was so daunting to think of having to tackle it so slowly; but now I'm down 41.8lbs in 22 weeks. Still not fast but steady plodding is the way to go.

After the virtual fast day 1, what do you plan to do next?
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:11 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome!

No need for starvation!!! Poke around a bit and see if there's a plan that fits your lifestyle. I've tried most of them on this journey and they all work if you stick to it .

Best of luck with all your goals! I also thought I was linebacker big... the smaller I get I'm finding that's not really the case haha!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #4  

Well thank you ladies! I appreciate both replies. Congrats to both of you on your rock star status in terms of weight loss. You are correct the starvation is a recipe for disaster...I am just trying to cleanse for a few days in an effort to shrink my stomach to some normal-esq proportions.

Thanks for the advice ladies, much appreciated.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #6  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome to the forum!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:53 AM   #8  

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone! Appreciated. Yesterday day two on the cleanse and surprisingly I felt great.

Coffee Tea
3 liters lemon water
2 protein shakes
3 oz lean meat...my husband made delicious pasta with meat and red sauce...I had a few pieces of meat, minimal sauce, no pasta.
I also did an hour on elliptical machine, burned 500 calories.

I know the cleanse cant last too long and the carb withdrawal will inevitably kick in soon. So trying to be reasonable. I think the benefit of the cleanse is more psychological than physical, the fact that my pants are not bursting at the seams is a motivating factor for me.

So question: Carrots? To avoid or not to avoid? Thoughts?

Cheers

Last edited by slayrick; 10-26-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #9  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Welcome!

I personally would not ditch the carrots, seeing as it's one of the few veggies I like. Also, according to: http://healthrecipes.com/negative_calorie_foods.htm, it's a negative calorie food, so it actually takes your body more calories to burn it off than the amount you take in!

And if you're interested in looking at other healthier dishes, I found a link to this site: http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/ who's recipes actually filled me up.

I'm pretty new to this site too; less than a week here actually.

Anyway, best of luck reaching your goals! I hope those sites helped a little.
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/194/150

Height: 5'4''

I am also a newbie, just actually my posted my intro thread. Anyway, can you tell me more about this cleanse? It looks like water, shake, and only one solid meal a day..? I'm curious, what is the purpose of it? Maybe I should give it a shot...
more2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #11  
TMB

S/C/G: 280/180

Height: 5'9

Egg yolks are actually the part of the egg that contains all the nutrients, whole eggs contain 70 cals . Buy local free range eggs, they are higher in vitamins. It's actually healthier to eat the eggs then the chicken breast, eggs are whole power food. I'm in the same boat as you trying to get back and eat properly. I'm slowly weening myself, pop has turned to ice tea, half portion sizes, more whole foods. I'm cracking out my juicer, bring out my blender

Last edited by TMB; 10-26-2010 at 09:13 PM.
TMB is offline   Reply With Quote