Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #1  
TriedEvErYthiNg

S/C/G: 185/180/140

Height: 5'5

Unhappy Overweight with bad anxiety issues

Hello all, I am new to this whole Forum, Blogging thingy so bare with me if I'm doing this all wrong. Im starting the Phentermine, B12, lipo diet here soon. (well actually, I already have everything i need but i have massive anxiety about it all) I have struggled with anxiety for a really longtime but i recently had a baby and am have problems within my relationship and my anxiety level has just become unbearable. Ontop of everything I am about 45 lbs overweight. I am 5'5 and 185. I have a solid body type and I know I still look somewhat ok, (I just went back to work and I am a dancer) but I feel terible, absolutly awful and i am discgusted with myself for letting my weight gget out of hand like this. So this is why I have decided totake on this diet. I just really feel as if i need reassurance from someone out there that everything will eventually be ok. i have tried everythingn to lose weight and i feel like this is my lasy option. But my anxiety keeps getting in the way and im very scared and nervous. I know i sound childish and pathedic but i could really usee some words of wisom. i feel totally lost and helpless. thanx guys.
NaomiXXXohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Hi,
I'm new here, too, and also struggle with anxiety and emotional eating. I have a new baby (almost 5 months) as well. If I can be any encouragement to you let me know. But you can do this! One day at a time is all you need to focus on. And maybe you need to look in to medication to get the anxiety under control for right now. How old is your baby? You could be experiencing postpartum depression. It's very common and I know I definitely had some, although I am always a little depressed, so I couldn't necessarily tell the difference. I take Omega 3 supplements (cod liver oil capsules) to treat my depression naturally because I am breastfeeding. Not sure if that could help you or not.

I was at a higher weight when I got pregnant but I was still shocked about how my body looked right after delivery. It's better now but I still have A LOT of weight to lose from before I even became pregnant. Not sure if this helped at all, but I hope you start feeling better soon and know that weight loss IS possible!! You will get there, just take it one day and one pound at a time.
livb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree 100% with taking it one day at a time! And you should definitely look into the postpartum possibility and talk to your doctor about what you can do to help yourself with that.

My pregnancy left my body totally unrecognizable to me. But I try not to let it get me down too much, because I have a beautiful healthy little boy in my life, and he was TOTALLY worth messing up my body for. Of course, I could have been much better about my eating habits while I was pregnant (I took eating for two quite seriously, lol!) but we live and learn and I'll never make that mistake again!

Since my pregnancy was not planned, the relationship my boyfriend and I have has undergone a huge change. Neither of us were/are in the place we thought we'd be when we'd have children. We've had fights and choice words for each other. Our sex life is pretty much non-existent. It seemed for a while that we were living together as roommates. But it has been slowly getting better, and honestly I do take it one day at a time with that too. What I've been working on is making the time everyday just to check in with my boyfriend and give him my undivided attention, if even for 10 minutes. And I've been trying to be more affectionate, regardless of how unattractive I may feel, because even though I don't think I'm sexy, for some reason he still does, and I try REALLY hard to keep that in mind.
trying2doitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #5  
TriedEvErYthiNg

S/C/G: 185/180/140

Height: 5'5

My little boy is almost 5 months too. He is sooo precious and I love him so much. He is so worth the weight struggle. Well I couldn't take my pills today the phentermine becausr my anxiety level is already out of control. There has been a lot of drama going on at my school and I don't want my anxiety spiraling out of control I have class all day and need to be focused. But I had a small bowl of cherrios for breakfast and some frozen yogurt for a mid morning snack and now I'm heading to weight training I really wish I didn't have anxiety issues so I could be carefree about taking this medication. Ij really need the help. Ugh my struggle with anxiety is almost worse than the struggle with my weight. Not quite tho. Thanx 4 ur support.
NaomiXXXohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #6  
Solid Iron

S/C/G: 450/440/225

Height: 6'4"

I would like to echo the "just take it one day at a time" suggestion, and to build on it just a bit too. Once the day is done, it's done. If you slip and overeat at dinner, then the next morning you have to start fresh with that brand new day and forget the day before. I know it sounds somewhat obvious, to forgive yourself for your failures, to not dwell on them, but it has taken me quite a while to reach a point where I can do that. For the longest time, if I messed up my diet on a Wednesday or Thursday evening, I would disappointed and upset, and splurge on 'comfort' food all weekend. Maybe I would start again the next Monday, or maybe not.

Make the best choices that you can.

Acknowledge that you're human and will make some mistakes.

Dwell on the positive things, rather than the negative.

~Iron Turtle
Iron Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #7  
totally awesome!

S/C/G: 300 / 230 / 165

Height: 5'-9"

Default Hang in there!

I'm new here as well, been having anxiety issues for quite some time. The thing I've been trying to remember most is to not beat myself up for where I am now, or what I was before now. It's better to acknowledge how far I've come, and set a goal to continue from there. It's a tough thing to remember, but I'm trying!

Message me back if you want to talk more!
-Jessica
cause how cute is the dancin' carrot?!
lvsika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #8  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here and hope you stick around. There is a lot of support around these parts!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #9  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote