Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Default Stay at home mom on the warpath! ;)

Hi everyone! The name is Sarah, and I, like others here, am unhappy with my weight. I'm short, 5'2 1/2", though I sometimes round that up. I currently weigh 156 or so. I haven't weighed myself in about a week just because I'm scared to jump on the scales. I'll weigh in in the morning for an official amount.

I've never had a healthy relationship with my weight or body. I've always been curvy and my family used to tease me as a teen, calling me apple booty. Keep in mind I was only about 105lbs at the time, I just had it all in the right places apparently. LOL. I struggled with bulimia and fasting into my early 20's. Thankfully there are no lasting effects, other than the thought that, if I'm not careful, I could very well backslide into it.

I'm a stay at home mom to 2 kids. I put on most of my weight right after I got married and then more with each pregnancy. At my all time highest I was 178lbs. That on a 5'3" frame is a frightening thing.

I have ADHD, which I am being medicated for. You'd think that the meds would make me lose weight since they are stimulants, but nope. They actually make me tired! I don't think diet drugs are the way to go, at least not for me. I have NEVER had a good experience with anything promising "weight loss fast!!" so I'd prefer to do it the old fashioned way. I'd rather eat healthily, which I have massive trouble doing since I love cheeseburgers and anything butter or sugar related. I'm not entirely caught up on the way I look anymore. I don't look bad, just a little more plump than I should be. It took a long time, but my happiness doesn't hinge on my pants size! My husband thinks I look great (bless him, lol) but he's supportive of getting healthier too since he's battling weight issues as well.

I just want to be at a healthy weight. Being able to run an 11 minute mile is also a goal.
WOW I've typed a novel here. I suppose if there's anything else you'd like to know, ask.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #3  

Hi there, I am also new. Take it from me if I can lose you can to. First don't think of your weight loss endeavor as dieting. BAD!!! This I feel sends the mind into a furious chocolate ravaging frenzy! At least it dose mine.
Seriously, stop drinking pop completely. Buy bottled water and crystal light drink mixes. Welches makes some great low cal. mixes and there cheep a $1 a box at the dollar store. Then pack away your dinner size plates. Yes get a box and literally pack them and put them in your garage or whatever. Divide the salad plate your going to eat all meals on into 3 imaginary sections. 1 sec. protein, 1 sec. starch, 1-sec veg/fruit. The protien should fit in the palm of your hand. the starch 1/2 cup (ice cream scoop makes a great measure) then the rest of the plate veggies all ya want.

I understand that a lot of folks can religiously follow a diet. After 15 years of trying to DIET I just said enough. Lifestyle change not diet is what I needed and it works for me. You would be amazed at just how controlling portions can change your life and just say NO TO POP

Good luck on your journey, Dedee
Dedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

I don't believe in diets, to be honest. I stay away from anything "diet" or "no fat" "no sugar" "no calorie" etc. I don't drink pop, nothing with chemical sweeteners, try to stick to organic or all natural ingredient foods, no added colors or fillers, whole grain everything, unbleached/unenriched stuff... I don't see a "diet" diet working long-term for me. It just adds to the yo-yo effect. I will allow myself a "treat" now and then. Like going to 5 Guys (Burger joint) once every month-month and a half and having a burger.

I'm an emotional eater, and prone to binging, so if I restrict my diet too much I WILL end up caving and binging. I've scarfed down entire loaves of bread before, so telling myself I *CAN'T* have something doesn't work for me. Food causes a lot of anxiety for me. If I can't have it, I desperately crave it. Ridiculous, isn't it?

I weighed in and I'm officially at 155.6lbs and a size 10US.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-01-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #5  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote