Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi! I'm boots!

I'm 26 years old, I have three kids, I'm currently in grad school (hopefully will finish up this year). My oldest is 4.5 yrs and my youngest is 10 months (I fail at some simple things in life....like birthcontrol)

I have an account on fitday, but I only use it to set goals and give me calorie estimations on how to get to the goals. I then add ~500 calories to that because I'm still breastfeeding.

I'm looking for a support forum to chat about health topics and a place to help me get these extra 40 lbs off. My life is so hectic I barely get to exercise anymore, despite blowing the extra money on a YMCA membership the other month, barely make it over there >.<

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and chatting about positive goals. I've been shopping around some different health forums the last month and I've visited here a few times and really like it here. I decided I'd like to "commit" here and see how it works out!

Anyways, Thanks for being here! And I look forward to getting to know the place better!

EDIT:
PS
I love to hear any experiences or references on how to balance the breastfeeding into the dieting (my milk production dropped a ton about a month ago and I upped my calorie intake and since then I've plateau-ed for a few weeks now).

Also, I'll get the profile thing setup as soon as I figure all the gadgets out on the forum.

Last edited by boots; 08-08-2010 at 09:24 PM.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #2  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

Wow! Your a busy woman, your already an inspiration! I fear undergrad work plus a job!! Can't wait to hear more from you.

Last edited by SarahD140; 08-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
SarahD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Maybe you can check out the Pregnant/Nursing section here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #4  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Hi Boots,welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Boots! I'd love to buddy up! I am also breastfeeding still and I am not real sure what my calorie intake should be. I have 4 kids, 6, 4, 2, and 12 weeks. How did you know that your milk supply went low? I don't pump so maybe that's how you realized it? I am a little worried if my calories are too low then my milk supply will dip but I want to see the numbers on the scale go down too! Look forward to talking to you more!
IWantMyBestLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD140 View Post
Wow! Your a busy woman, your already an inspiration! I fear undergrad work plus a job!! Can't wait to hear more from you.
Its not easy, but it IS do-able You can do it, I didn't have a job in undergrad except through workstudy, grad school HAS been a challenge but I hope to tell everyone next year that its possible even with three kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantMyBestLife View Post
Hey Boots! I'd love to buddy up! I am also breastfeeding still and I am not real sure what my calorie intake should be. I have 4 kids, 6, 4, 2, and 12 weeks. How did you know that your milk supply went low? I don't pump so maybe that's how you realized it? I am a little worried if my calories are too low then my milk supply will dip but I want to see the numbers on the scale go down too! Look forward to talking to you more!

I hate pumping myself. My friend is really good and disciplined at it and she lost tons of weight right away after having her baby.

I usually only pumped twice a week when I became too engorged.

I could tell I was losing milk production from not becoming engorged twice a week, and also because the baby wasn't getting "satisfied" anymore. I actually still tandem nurse with my 2 yr old girl (I've tried weaning her on multiple occasions and I've given up...I'm waiting for her to wean herself....) and she could tell the milk supply dropped as well.

My baby is 10 months old though, so I'm not too worried about starving him at this point, if it was happening and he was still tiny I'd be more concerned. Although this whole balancing act is really frustrating to me as I've not lost any weight really for a few weeks.
boots is offline   Reply With Quote