Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'3

Default New and Scared to fail....AGAIN

I have tried to diet many times for the past 7 years. When I was 20 I was at my highest at 241 pounds. im only 5'3 so it was very noticeable. I remember looking through my closet and trying to find something that would fit me. I went through old 14's and 16's and 18's even my 20's didnt fit. I had to actually go out and buy a size 22/24. I remember going back to my closet and out of anger I took out all the clothes that didnt fit and sat there and cried. I cried so much. After all the crying was done, I got up and joined weight watchers. I lost 40 pounds and was almost on my way to onederland. Then I got cocky and started slipping into my old habits. I thought that I could cheat against my points and still lose weight. I stopped counting points, stopped going to meetings and just all together stopped. I gained 20 pounds back.

The next 5 years I was able to stay around 220 pounds and I wasnt very pleased with my body but every attempt I made to get back on the wagon ended up in failure. I start off great and then somewhere down the line I lose the strength and the motivation.

Last year...I was fed up and decided to work out every day and count points. I was the happiest I have ever been not to mention sore! I wasnt even close to onderland but i was loving my results from counting points and working out 5 days a week. I did that for four months and saw amazing results. And then I met a guy and all the working out dwindled down til it was non-existent. I gained back the rest of the 20 pounds.

So here I am again. at 240 pounds. Everyday I keep saying today is the day that I will start watching myself and what I eat. That I would work out that day. My laziness is definitely getting in my way. I have actually started counting again and did okay. yesterday was my first day counting again and yes I did go over by 8 points, but I see it as better than binging and eating whatever I wanted.

I keep reminding myself that It didnt take 1 day for me to gain all this weight and therefore it isnt going to take me 1 day to lose it.

I keep reminding myself that if I did it once I can do it again and better.

I dont have friends that are the best influences, so im hoping to meet some people who will motivate me here. I actually can say that I have been motivated by reading some of the posts from those who made it to goal. Its amazing how some of you guys look...i wan to be there. i just need to have some more faith in myself.....

i can do it :moo
sasinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

A lot of us can relate to the up and down and back and forth. You're not alone in that! Most of us have lost and regained and lost again and it is a quite frustrating cycle. But you can get on the right track and stay there, I believe it and you should too.

I'm glad you joined 3FC, welcome and good luck! Keep us posted on all your progress!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

The only failure is never trying. Think of it this way - all your previous attempts have showed you some of the things that work for you, and some that don't. You're on the right path!

Coming here is a HUGE step. This site helped a TON with my weight loss. I didn't have a lot of support around me when I was losing, and I got a lot here. You can do it!
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:06 PM   #5  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

welcome to 3FC, you will find many WW pt counters here, keep us updated and keep looking towards your mini goals
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #6  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

We can all relate.

I've done so much this year to try and get healthy again.
-hypnosis
-acupuncture
-massage
-New dietary plan (not a diet)
-Gym membership- going about 3 times a week
-Having my thyroid imbalance treated

It's still slow going. I gained 1-1/2 lbs this week after losing 3 lbs last week.

You can do this! We can do this! I'm new to this community also and am glad I found it, because I think what was missing for me was peer support. Maybe it will be the thing you need too.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #7  
redemption.

S/C/G: 260/239/230

Welcome to the forums. 3FC is very motivating. When i'm at work I can't wait to come home and get on the forums because the support and encouragement is wonderful.

Last week I was 240lbs but I managed to lose 5 pounds so far by eating less, eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and getting the support I need on the forums.

I believe you can do it. Every time temptation hits me I just tell myself
"i will not let food control me. it isn't worth it. i can do this."
It's your temple and it's only up to you to design it how you want.

You should start off with a small goal first and once it's completed tell yourself
"I have already accomplished this amount of days, Why start over?"
Keep going!

Another thing, Always listen to music that will keep your body moving.
It's much more motivating and it's a good workout.

Good luck with your goal. If you need a support buddy, you've got one right here.
sinfuldays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'3

Thank you all so much for you support! Day 2 is going well...Im not hungry at all. I spent the day by the pool swam a couple of times also just to get some activity in for the day. Hope you are all having a great and successful day.
sasinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #9  

Welcome to the site! I'm new here also and I totally understand your story! Unforutnately, in the past, I've developed the mindset that it didn't matter what I ate but that's not true! I hope that this time things work out for you! I know they will for me!
TarynBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #10  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4''

Hi & welcome! good luck! & dont forget to keep us posted! =] you can do it!
duhitskriss is offline   Reply With Quote